Chapter 24: Lakeside

Rohan's POV:

As we arrived at the club, Siddhart was adamant about not going inside

As we arrived at the club, Siddhart was adamant about not going inside. I could sense his discomfort, so I decided to enlist Alisha's help.

Dialing her number, I pleaded with her to convince Siddhart to join us. To my relief, Siddhart relented as soon as he saw Alisha, prompting a chuckle from me.

"Just a moment ago, he was refusing, but now he's silently following along because Alisha said so," I thought to myself, amused by his sudden change of heart.

Entering the lively atmosphere of the club, my eyes immediately sought out Nandani.

However, what I saw left me feeling a pang of jealousy

However, what I saw left me feeling a pang of jealousy. She was engrossed in conversation with another guy, and though I tried to brush it off, the feeling lingered.

Approaching her, I enveloped her in a hug, a genuine smile lighting up her face. We talked, ate, and danced together, momentarily forgetting everything else.

As we swayed to the music, Nandani excused herself to fetch some water. Lost in the rhythm, I remained on the dance floor, only to be interrupted by a girl from my college.

Her bold statement and the touch on my chest ignited irritation within me, and I quickly removed her hand.

It was then that I noticed Nandani watching from a distance, a hurtful look in her eyes that pierced through me like a dagger.

As we drove back, the atmosphere in the car was tense, the silence almost palpable.

Nandani sat beside me, her expression unreadable, while Siddhart and Alisha occupied the backseat.

Despite the quiet, I could sense the weight of unspoken words hanging in the air.

Upon reaching their dorm, I hesitated for a moment before speaking up, my hand reaching out to grasp Nandani's.

"Wait," I said softly, glancing back at Siddhart and Alisha before turning my attention back to Nandani.

"Can we have some time alone?" I asked, hoping she would understand the sincerity in my tone.

Alisha, couldn't resist teasing us, her remark about dropping Nandani off in 30 minutes earning a chuckle from Siddhart.

As they exited the car, I drove Nandani to a lakeside spot, the calm waters reflecting the moon's gentle glow.

Despite the beautiful surroundings, Nandani remained silent, her thoughts seemingly elsewhere.

I knew I needed to address the tension between us, to clear the air and mend whatever had caused her discomfort.

Taking a deep breath, I prepared myself to have an honest conversation with her, hoping to alleviate any misunderstandings and reaffirm our bond.

As we stood by the lakeside, the silence between us spoke volumes. I took a deep breath, gathering my courage to address the unease that lingered between Nandani and me.

"Nandani," I began gently, my voice breaking the silence, "about what happened at the club... I want you to know that girl meant nothing to me. She was just... trying to provoke a reaction."

I paused, searching for the right words to convey the sincerity of my feelings. "You mean everything to me, Nandani. I would never do anything to hurt you."

Nandani's gaze softened, and she reached out to grasp my hand, her touch reassuring. "I believe you, Rohan," she said softly, her voice filled with trust and understanding.

"I know you wouldn't do anything to hurt me intentionally."

Relief washed over me, and I couldn't help but offer her a tender smile. "Thank you for trusting me," I said, my heart swelling with affection for her. "You're the most important person in my life, and I never want to lose you."

As our hands remained intertwined, a rush of emotions swept through me, overwhelming any lingering doubts or uncertainties.

Without hesitation, I gently lifted Nandani from her seat and settled her onto my lap, our bodies close and our hearts beating as one.

Cupping her cheeks tenderly, I gazed into her eyes, seeing a reflection of the love and trust we shared.

With a soft smile, I leaned in closer, closing the distance between us until our lips met in a sweet and passionate kiss.

With each tender kiss, I conveyed my love for Nandani, promising to always cherish and protect her, no matter what challenges may come our way.

*****************************
Hope you liked the chapter
Take care ❤️