Chapter 39: "But I'm upset"

Alisha's POV:

I headed to the hotel garden with my camera, hoping to capture some beautiful shots of the birds.

The peaceful surroundings and the chirping of the birds brought me a sense of calm.

As I was about to take a picture of one bird, it flew across me, and my gaze followed it, landing on Siddhart just as he was about to leave the garden.

"Sid, where are you going? Come and look at them" I called out to him, curious about why he was leaving.

He stopped in his tracks and turned to face me. His expression seemed colder than usual, and it made me uneasy.

"Nowhere," he replied, his tone detached. "Just trying to get away from all the lovebirds around here."

His words were cryptic, and I tilted my head, confused. "What do you mean?"

"Isn't it obvious? The garden's full of people who seem to be in love. And then there's you..." He trailed off, his voice carrying a hint of bitterness.

I furrowed my brow, not fully understanding where he was coming from. "Sid, what's going on? Why are you talking like this?"

He let out a sigh. "Nothing's going on, Alisha. It's just- funny how people can seem one way, but in reality, they might be completely different."

I blinked, trying to comprehend his words. "Sid, you're not making any sense."

He laughed hollowly, as though my confusion amused him. "Maybe not. Maybe none of this makes any sense at all."

Our gazes locked for a moment, and I felt a mix of emotions swirling within me.

I wanted to ask him more, to understand what was really bothering him, but he held back.

"Sid, if something's bothering you, just tell me. Don't play these games," I said, hoping to get him to open up.

"Games?" he repeated, his voice tinged with bitterness.

"No, Alisha. I don't play games." He turned and walked away, leaving me standing there feeling lost and unsure of what just happened.

After breakfast, we all boarded the bus to head back. His distant behavior hurt me, and I wished we could have talked and resolved whatever was bothering him.

As we settled in our seats, I decided to approach Siddhart and try to strike up a conversation.

"Sid, can we talk?" I asked, my voice gentle, hoping he would open up.

He turned his head slightly to look at me, his expression distant.

"I'm tired, Alisha," he said, trying to keep his tone neutral. "I just want to sleep and you're disturbing me."

His response stung, and I felt a pang of hurt. His cold demeanor made it clear he wanted to keep his distance from me, and I was left wondering what had gone so wrong.

I returned to my seat with a heavy heart, feeling a mix of confusion and sadness.

It felt as though Siddhart didn't need me anymore, that he might have found someone he was interested in.

The thought brought tears to my eyes, but I tried to hold them back. Weren't we just friends? Why did it hurt so much?

As I was lost in my thoughts, Shubham sat beside me and held my hand, bringing me a sense of comfort.

I relaxed a bit and shared with him everything I was feeling. He listened attentively, offering me a reassuring smile.

Shubham responded with understanding,

"It sounds like Siddhart may have found someone he likes. Maybe he's just focused on being with his girl.

Don't worry too much about him. If he really cares about you as a friend, he'll come around when he's ready."

I nodded, trying to make sense of Shubham's words. It made sense that Siddhart would be happy if he had found someone he cared about.

Shubham continued, "Maybe he feels a bit left out now that you've found me. He could be dealing with his own insecurity.

Maybe he's trying to give you space with me and focus on his own relationship."

I wanted to believe Shubham's perspective, that Siddhart's distant behavior was just a result of him focusing on his own life.

"You're right," I said, trying to convince myself.

"Maybe I should give him some space and let him figure things out. If he's happy with someone else, then I'm also happy."

But I am upset!! Why?

Why his actions are affecting me so deeply?

Shubham nodded, his grip on my hand tightening slightly.

"Exactly. Just give him time. He'll be fine. And you have me now, so you don't need to worry about him."

I appreciated Shubham's attempts to comfort me, but a part of me couldn't shake the feeling that something was off.

Still, I chose to believe him and focus on my relationship with him, hoping it would all work out in the end.

*****************************
Hope you liked the chapter
Take care ❤️