Chapter 65: We're Done!

Alisha's POV :

The weight of uncertainty hung heavy in the air as Siddhart and I met at our usual spot, the café where we had shared countless moments of laughter and love.

Today, however, the atmosphere was tinged with tension, a palpable undercurrent of unease that threatened to suffocate me.

The café buzzed with activity, the scent of freshly brewed coffee mingling with the murmur of conversations and the clinking of dishes.

Siddhart sat across from me, his expression a mixture of concern and confusion, as if he sensed the impending storm but didn’t know what had triggered it.

taking a deep breath I told him"Siddhart, we need to talk."

He furrowed his brow "Is everything okay, Chandni? Tell me."

"I’ve been doing a lot of thinking lately, and… I can’t shake this feeling that something’s been off between us."

He leans forward, his concern deepening "Off? What do you mean?"

"Ever since Maya came back into your life, things have felt… strained. I know you say there’s nothing going on between you two, but I can’t ignore this nagging feeling in the pit of my stomach."

He sighed, his gaze dropping to the table

"Alisha, I’m sorry if my friendship with Maya has made you uncomfortable. But I promise you, there’s nothing more to it than that. You’re the one I love, the one I want to be with."

I felt a pang of guilt at the hurt in Siddhart's eyes

"I want to believe you, Sid. I do. But it’s hard when every interaction between you and Maya feels… charged, like there’s something unsaid between you two."

He reached across the table to take my hand "Chandni, I understand why you feel this way, but I swear to you, there’s nothing between me and Maya. She’s just a friend, nothing more."

"Are you sure, Siddhart? Because I can’t keep pretending that everything’s fine when it’s not."

He gently squeeze my hand "I’m sure, Chandni. I love you, and I would never do anything to hurt you love. If you need me to prove it to you, I will."

"I want to believe you, Siddhart. I really do."

As we sat in the café, the weight of our conversation hanging between us like a heavy fog, I realized that trust was a fragile thing, easily shattered but painstakingly rebuilt.

In that moment, I made a choice—to trust Siddhart, to believe in the love we shared, and to confront my doubts head-on, rather than letting them tear us apart.

*Next Week*

The college fest was in full swing, and at night, there was a concert we were all excited about.

It was a perfect distraction from my thoughts about Maya. As Nandani and I arrived at the college, I spotted Maya immediately. Not again but wait, she isn't in our college then,

What the fuck is she doing here? And who had invited her? I looked at Nandani, who shook her head. I knew my she would never do anything to hurt me.

Just as I was getting lost in my negative thoughts, Siddhart came up and hugged me.

"You look like a goddess," he said, kissing my forehead. His words and gesture made me feel better, and I decided to focus on enjoying myself with the others.