Chapter 49: Because he's Prem

Alisha's Pov:

On the day of the event, I adorned myself in a stunning vine-colored dress, its flowing fabric accentuating my features and imbuing me with a sense of confidence

As I arrived at the venue, I was greeted by a sight that took my breath away – the space was beautifully decorated, adorned with twinkling lights and adorned with all the things I loved, from ice cream stands to dance floors and delicious food stalls.

It was a refreshing change from the darkness that had enveloped me in recent months, and I couldn't help but feel a sense of gratitude towards Siddhart for orchestrating such a wonderful event.

Lost in the festivities, I found myself enjoying every moment, the music and laughter washing away the lingering shadows of my past.

But amidst the joyous chaos, a familiar figure approached me – Shubham. His attempts at flirtation fell flat as I remained firm, refusing to give him the attention he sought.

As Siddhart took the stage with the mic in hand, a hush fell over the crowd, anticipation hanging in the air.

He thanked everyone for attending and then stunned me with his unexpected apology.

"The person who shines like 'Chandni' in the night sky, I want to say I'm sorry. Please forgive me," he declared, his words ringing out with sincerity and remorse.

My heart skipped a beat as I heard the name 'Chandni,' a term of endearment that only Shubham called me from starting.

How did Siddhart know the name Chandni?
How could Siddhart know such a personal detail? Determined to uncover the truth, I seized Shubham's hand and led him away from the crowd, my mind racing with questions that demanded answers.

*Flashback Starts*

As I woke up early, I could hardly contain my excitement. It was the last day in Mussoorie, and the anticipation of meeting Prem at the lakeside filled me with joy. 

After quickly getting ready, I whispered my plans to Nandani, who was still sound asleep, and left quietly.

On my way to the meeting spot, I stopped at a flower shop and bought a bouquet for Prem.

Holding the bouquet close, I continued towards the lake, but my journey took an unexpected turn.

As I walked along the path, I saw a couple sharing an intimate kiss. My heart sank when I realized the boy was Siddhart.

 Although I couldn't see the girl's face, the sight of Siddhart with someone else hit me hard.

I couldn't understand why it hurt so much to see him with another girl.