Chapter 43: First Kiss

Alisha's POV:

The interaction with Siddhart left me feeling emotionally shattered.

His accusations and harsh words cut deep, and I couldn't hold back the tears any longer.

I rushed to the restroom, where I could be alone, and cried my lungs out, trying to release the hurt and frustration that had built up inside me.

"I didn't know he thought so low of me," I thought through my sobs "what did I even do Sid." Siddhart's words stung more than I could have imagined.

As I cried, I tried to make sense of everything that had happened.

"I was sad earlier, but now it all made sense why it is Shubham and not him," I told myself, attempting to find solace in the thought.

After a while, I managed to compose myself. I splashed some water on my face to freshen up and calm down.

As I stared at my reflection, I knew I couldn't let Siddhart's words define my self-worth. I had to move on and focus on my own happiness.

Just then, my phone rang. It was Shubh. I took a deep breath before answering.

"Yeah, I'll be there in 5 minutes," I told him, my voice steady.

I knew I had to put on a brave face and keep moving forward, leaving the hurtful confrontation with Siddhart behind me.

As Alisha, I reached the spot where Shubh was waiting for me, leaning against his car with his usual relaxed stance.

I tried to keep my emotions in check, not wanting him to sense the distress from earlier.

"Where to?" I asked, putting on a cheerful facade.

"Jahan Madam kheengi," he said with a playful smile, tucking a strand of my hair behind my ear.

His touch was comforting, and I felt grateful for his easygoing presence.

We went on a long drive first, letting the music and the peaceful air wash away the day's worries.

Shubh's company made the drive enjoyable, and I was able to relax and focus on the moment.

After the drive, we headed to a club, where we danced and enjoyed the vibrant atmosphere. It was a refreshing change, and I found myself having a great time with him.

Later, we decided to grab some ice cream and enjoy it in the backseat of his car.

As I was busy eating my ice cream, I suddenly felt a gentle breath on my neck.

I turned to see Shubham leaning in closer, fanning his breath near my neck, and it sent a tingling sensation through me. It was a strange but pleasant feeling.

He continued to blow air on my neck, and I watched him curiously.

He spread his hand out, and I thought to myself, "Isn't it too soon for a kiss?"

But mustering my courage, I took off my glasses and gave him a quick peck on the lips.

Shubham looked a little surprised at first, then chuckled. "What?" I asked, feeling a mix of embarrassment and anticipation.

"I just wanted a hug," he said, which took me off guard.

My initial thoughts and his response made me blush, but before I could react, he grabbed my waist and pulled me closer.

His hand rested on my cheek as he leaned in and kissed me.

It was my first kiss with the person I loved. My hand rested on his chest while the other wrapped around his neck.

The kiss was warm and tender, and I tried to savor the moment. But as we pulled away from each other, I couldn't help but feel a sense of confusion.

The kiss didn't feel as special as I had imagined it would.

Nandani had told me about her first kiss and how magical it was, but I didn't experience that same rush of emotions. I found myself questioning why it didn't feel like a life-changing moment.

Despite this, I tried to focus on the fact that I was with someone I cared about deeply, and perhaps the special feeling would come in time.

As the night came to an end, Shubham drove me back to my dorm. We continued our light-hearted conversation, sharing more laughs along the way.

Shubham had a way of making me feel comfortable and at ease, which I appreciated after the earlier events of the day.

When we arrived at my dorm, Shubham parked the car and turned to me with a smile.

"I had a great time tonight," he said sincerely.

I smiled back at him, genuinely grateful for the evening. "I did too, Shubham. Thanks for everything."

He reached out and gently squeezed my hand. " Get some rest, and I'll see you soon."

I nodded and squeezed his hand back before letting go.

"Goodnight, Shubh."

"Goodnight, Chandni,"

he said, his eyes warm and kind. With a final smile, I got out of the car and made my way toward the entrance of my dorm.

As I walked away, I turned back to see Shubham drive off, his car disappearing into the night.

Once inside, I made my way to my room, feeling a mix of emotions. The evening had been enjoyable, but I couldn't shake the lingering questions in my mind.

Nonetheless, I was grateful for Shubham's company and the distraction from the day's earlier events.

As I settled into my room, I tried to focus on the positives and look forward to what the future might hold.

For now, I needed to rest and process everything that had happened.

*****************************
Hope you liked the chapter
Take care ❤️