Chapter 37: "playing me all along?"

SIDDHART'S POV:

As I woke early in the morning, I felt a mix of excitement and nerves about my special meeting with Alisha.

With everything I needed prepared, I got ready quickly and checked my phone, hoping to see a message from her.

But when I tried to access my account, I couldn't. Assuming it was just a server issue, I decided to head to our meeting spot.

On the way, I stopped by a flower shop and picked up a beautiful bouquet for Alisha.

I walked only for five minutes when, I collided with someone. I quickly apologized and looked to see the person I had bumped into was Priya, my ex.

My heart nearly stopped at the sight of her. Priya seemed just as surprised as I was, but she quickly regained her composure and flashed me a familiar, cozy smile.

"O my god Siddhart! " she said with a hint of surprise and excitement.

"Priya? What are you doing here?" I asked, a mix of surprise and wariness washing over me.

"I could ask you the same," she replied, stepping closer to me.

"Seems fate wanted us to meet again."

I took a step back, trying to put some distance between us. "It must be a coincidence. I'm here for something important and for someone special."

She tilted her head to the side, her eyes glimmering with interest.

"Oh really? Or maybe it's destiny bringing us back together."

Her tone was flirtatious, and it was clear she was trying to lure me back.

I shook my head firmly. "No, Priya. Whatever we had is in the past. I have to go."

Before I could turn away, Priya grabbed my arm, her touch lingering on my sleeve.

"Come on, Siddhart, don't be so cold. Can't we just talk for a while?"

"I said no, someone special waiting for me ," I replied, my tone stern as I pulled my arm away, trying to leave the conversation.

But Priya wasn't giving up. "You used to enjoy talking to me," she said, her eyes pleading. "Why not now? What's changed?"

"Everything's changed, Priya," I replied, trying to keep my cool.

"I can't go back to the past."Before I could react, Priya suddenly pulled me into a forced kiss.

I frozed for a moment.

But as I processed, I pushed her away, my face filled with anger and disbelief.

"What the hell are you doing?!" I shouted, unable to contain my rage.

Priya tried to feign innocence, but my anger was too much for her to handle.

"Siddhart, I just-"

"Just leave me alone," I interrupted, my voice cold.

"Whatever game you're playing, I'm not interested."

With that, I walked away, leaving Priya standing there, stunned and hurt.

Trying to put the unexpected encounter with Priya out of my mind, I focused on my plans for the day.

But when I reached the meeting place, I was stunned to see Alisha and Shubham in a hug, laughing together. The sight pierced through me like a knife.

I couldn't believe what I was seeing. My mind raced with questions:

How could she do this?

Wasn't she supposed to be meeting me?

What does she see in him?

Had she been playing me all along?

My thoughts swirled as I watched the scene unfold before me.

Shubham smirked at me from a distance, and I felt a deep sense of betrayal.

Overwhelmed by the situation, I left the scene, struggling to process the hurt and confusion I felt.

*****************************
Hope you liked the chapter
Take care ❤️