Chapter 19

We get to the hotel and Devin pays for the room with a credit card. I can't believe we're about to do this, the spontaneity is hot. We get into the room and lock the door. Devin's eyes are wild. He tightly grips my hips and unties my sarong. I push his hands away, he looks at me, surprised. I step back and kneel down in front of him. I pull down his shorts and his dick is rock hard. I stroke him slowly as he moans for more. I stroke a little while longer then take him in my mouth. I lick him up and down slowly. I feel his cock hit the back of my throat, I start to gag slightly, but I block my throat with my tongue and continue sucking him off. He groans, breathes heavily and runs his hand through my hair, "Liz," he sighs. His reaction makes me horny so I go even harder. He lets me for a minute or two then pulls me up. "If you don't stop I'm going to come too soon to do anything else," we laugh. He removes my swimsuit and pulls me to him by my ass. He grips me so hard I squeal. I shove him into the bed and climb on top of him. I immediately guide him into me and ride him. I want him so fucking badly. He leans up and pulls me to him. He sucks my nipple as I grind him as fast as I can. He flips me over and puts me on my knees as he positions behind me. He pushes himself back into me and thrusts hard. "Harder," I beg as I stare back at him. He does as I say and I pray there's no one in the next room as I scream out with each thrust. He digs his fingernails into my hips and smacks my ass, I lose it after that. Screaming his name as we come together. He eases out of me while he trickles little kisses down my back. I'm a mess of emotions.

We lie down and catch our breaths. "Liz, I..", he trails off. I turn to face him and tears spill from my eyes. "What's wrong?", he asks, clearly concerned. "Absolutely nothing is wrong. I just feel overwhelmed. In a fucking amazing way." He still looks confused, almost upset. I reach over and throw my arms around him for reassurance. "Devin, I promise, I'm so happy. You make me happy." I back up to look at him, he kisses my collarbone and moves up to my lips. "I love you, Lizzy." My heart races. I kiss him again and rest my chin on his chest as I stare at him. He's gorgeous. "I love you, too," I admit and it feels so good saying it out loud. This is so much different than with Bonnie. With her, I'm certain it was lust and curiosity built from jealousy and desperation to please her. I know without a doubt, this is what I want. This is pure, beautiful, real love. He beams. "Are you sure? You don't have to say it back if you're not." I stroke his cheek, "I'm sure. I know I love you," I repeat. I'm not sure what to do now, this is all so fucked up. I laugh at the absurdity of this situation. But I honestly don't care. As if he's read my mind, he asks, "what do we do..now?" I sit up and grab his hand. I'm reminded of Jillian's words. "Whatever the fuck we want." He smirks and scoops me up. I squeal with excitement as he kisses me over and over again.

We get dressed, it's now 9pm. We decide to go back to the party for the rest of the night. "We have the hotel room until tomorrow morning, we might as well spend the night here," he says. I was planning to spend the night with Jillian anyway. "I can't wait," I smile.

When we get back to the lake, there are even more kids. I can't even count how many. It's nuts. One giant party. We walk hand in hand down to the dock where I spot Jillian and Sam. They clock us and turn to each other and laugh as if to say, "we knew it." Jillian grabs my hand from Devin and pulls me to her. Devin goes over to Danny and Harris. "So, where have you two been for 2 whole hours?" I can't help my smile. I'm literally grinning from ear to ear. She cackles and squeezes me to her. "Damn, Liz. You're a badass." I giggle and pour a cup of PJ. Samantha asks, "are you guys, you know, official?". I nod excitedly. She leans in, "I'm happy for you, Liz. Bonnie is totally toxic, Devin is perfect for you." I cringe at the sound of her name but Sam is right.

A little later Sam, Jillian and I walk to get some food and I see her. Bonnie comes right towards me, smiling. Oh, god. I'm not ready for this. "Hey, Liz. Can I talk to you for a second?" I feel like I'm going to jump out of my skin. "Sure." I walk with her to a bench where it isn't quite so loud.

"When did you get here?", I ask. "About two hours ago, I think." So right as Devin and I left. She continues, "I asked Harris if you were here and he said you and Devin left together." Oh, god. "So, are you guys dating then?" I swallow a little bile. "Bonnie, I.." she interrupts me and smiles. "Lizzy, it's fine. I'm happy for you. Really. Did Devin not tell you about our conversation yesterday?" I shake my head, totally confused. He didn't mention anything. "I guess he wanted to give me a chance to talk to you before he said anything. Anyway, we talked about everything last night. I mean everything. I actually communicated, Liz," she laughs and continues, "he told me he was still in love with you and that he's been there for you after what happened with us and it hit me. You're supposed to be with him. You know, if you want to be, of course. What happened with us wasn't supposed to. I don't regret it, but it shouldn't have happened. I've been a really terrible friend to you, Liz. For years. You were right. I am selfish and I don't know how to handle real shit. So, for the first time in my life, I'm thinking about other people and I just want you, and Devin, to be happy." I tear up and simply say, "thank you, B. You have no idea how much that means to me." We hug for a second. I pull back, feeling awkward. She looks away. "I hope one day we can be friends again. If you can ever forgive my behavior." I smile, "I do forgive you. And I hope so, too." It's gonna take time, though. To lighten the mood, I say, "so I hear you're going to New Hampshire? What's that about?" She sighs, "well, Holly was talking about it and I researched it and I kind of fell in love with the vibe. I'm actually going up there next weekend to visit. Holly and I are both going if we get in, as friends, of course. I'm taking a long, much needed break from relationships." She laughs. I don't comment on that part. "You'll get in. It'll be great for you. A fresh start." She nods in agreement. "What about you? Still UVA?" I shrug. "I'm really not sure. I'm weighing my options. Devin and I are touring Auburn together in a few weeks. Not that I want to be the type of girl to follow her boyfriend to college, but if I like it.." she nods, "who cares if you do? There's nothing wrong with that. I see how Devin makes you feel. You seem so happy and relaxed. So at ease." I close my eyes and say, "I am, B. It's been great." I hug her again. "Thanks," I say. "For what?" She looks at me. "For helping me figure out what I want." She giggles, "anytime." I spot Devin looking at us, he waves. I stand, "see you around, B."

I run to Devin and jump into his arms. "Thank you." Knowing exactly what I'm referring to he says, "you're welcome," and kisses my forehead. "I just want you to be happy." I relax in his arms. "I am. So happy."

It's now 11pm and we have an hour until we have to leave. The music is blaring. I spend the next hour crying from laughter with my friends. It's the happiest I've been all year long.

As if on cue, the lights of several vehicles pull up at midnight and a few parents and other adults come out and tell us to go home. The outside is trashed. Now I know why we weren't allowed to go inside. Everyone disperses and soon the place is empty. Devin, me, and our friends are the last ones to leave. We sit in the driveway and watch the cars drive off. I want to cry because I don't want this night to end. Soon, our friends leave, car by car, and it's just Devin and I. He takes my hand, we get into his car and go back to the hotel.

We don't even sleep together, in fact, sex isn't even on my mind like it was with Bonnie all the time. I just want to lie next to him and hear him breathing. This is love. I can't help my smile. He notices, "you're so beautiful, Lizzy." I kiss him softly and we talk for what seems like hours before we finally fall asleep.