Chapter 37

I'm leaving for school in the morning. My thoughts are almost constantly consumed with Devin, though more positively now. We haven't spoken since we went to the movies but that's how it's supposed to be right now. Sam and I went to Jillian's place last night after having dinner together. We made margaritas and sat out in the courtyard. It was perfect. Bittersweet. Sam left shortly after to spend the remainder of her evening with Brooks. I stuck around for a little bit longer. Jillian had way too much tequila and got sick. I helped her get into bed before I decided to leave. I called Brendan for her so he could check in on her in the morning.

As I grabbed my things to leave, I hear the door unlock. Tori. I was hoping I wouldn't see her because I know I'll want to kiss her. Touch her. Especially since I don't know when I'll see her again. Suddenly unable to move, I just standing there, frozen, when she comes through the door. She jumps. "Oh! Geez, Lizzy, you scared me," she exclaims. I blush, "I'm sorry, I was just leaving. Jillian had too many margaritas. She's out cold. You might want to check on her before you go to bed. Make sure she's still alive. It was pretty bad," I laugh. "Oh man, she's gonna hate herself tomorrow," Tori says as she sets her bag down on the kitchen counter. Both of us standing there awkwardly, she finally says, "so. Tomorrow's the big moving day, huh," she says. I nod, "yep. I'm ready, but nervous." She smiles and shakes her head, "you won't have any trouble meeting new friends. I can see people just gravitating to you," she says softly. I shrug, smiling, embarrassed by her flattery. I finally remember how to move my feet again and start going for the door, "well, I should go," I say. "Yeah, okay, unless.. you want to stay for a little while longer? Hang with me for a bit," she asks. I turn into liquid. "A little while won't hurt," I cave like I knew I would and we sit on the couch. We sit there for a minute, neither of us talking, waiting for each other to make a move. It's obvious Tori has no intention of talking right now and with the guilt of Devin gone I grab her face and kiss her. She kisses me back instantly with intensity. All we do is kiss for a while until I straddle her lap and slide my hand under her shirt, massaging her breasts. "You sure this is okay," I ask. She smiles, "why do you think I asked you to stay?" I giggle and remove her shirt, my mouth on her tits. She tugs at my dress, pulling the straps down. "Stand up," she orders. I stand and she pulls my dress to the floor along with my panties. "You want to do this here," I ask. "Jillian is passed out and I really don't give a fuck who sees," I moan and pull her jeans off. Naked, she lays on the couch and I straddle her once again kissing every bit of her body like it's begging me to taste her. We're a sea of moans as I force my tongue onto her clit. "Ohh, yes. Let me, you...too," she moans out and I know what she wants. We position our bodies so we can eat each other simultaneously. It's fucking hot. She slides her fingers in and out of me while sucking my clit and I can barely focus on her, it's so amazing, I feel like I might die of pleasure. "Tori, TORI, YES." After I've come I move up to her face and kiss her then whisper, "fuck me, now. Please, Tori. I need you." She wastes no time and rubs herself against me, hard. "You're so fucking wet, it's fucking hot," she breathes out. "Harder, faster," I beg and she does. I come undone again and she comes with me.

We stay on the couch, still naked for a while longer. I lay first while she lays between my legs, her back resting against me. My arms are wrapped around her perfect, sun-kissed body and I gently rub her tits over and over again. "Mmm," she softly moans, her eyes closed. We don't speak, we don't have to. I continue rubbing her with one hand while I slide another to her pussy and rub gently there as well. "Ohh," she moans again and I kiss the top of her head. "feel good?", I ask, my voice a low rasp. "Yes, so good," she moans. "Don't stop, soft and slow." I do as she says. She lets out quiet moans and it's music to my ears. "All I want to do is make you feel good," I say. She doesn't respond, just breathes deeply in and out letting my fingers continue their slow torture. Not taking my hands off of her I say, "I don't want to leave you. I want to stay here and do this with you forever. Nobody has ever turned me on like you do." She flips her body to face me and I move my hands into her hair and kiss her. "Yes, but you are. Leaving. That's the reality and it sucks. I do feel like this could turn into something really great," she says, kissing me again. My heart skips a beat. "I think so, too," I say into her hair. "It's just not our time, timing is everything, but you never know what the future holds," she says and kisses my chest. I look over at the kitchen clock, "ugh, fuck. I've gotta go," I groan out.

We finally get dressed and she walks me over to the door. "I wish I'd met you sooner somehow," I say. She wraps me in a big embrace and we kiss. "I'm not going anywhere." We say our goodbyes once more and I leave.

I dream of Tori that night and Devin at some point as well. Here I am, again, torn between two very different people and the worst part, I can't have either one right now. In the back of my mind I know it's for the best. It only makes sense to move forward and go to college fresh and unattached, free to do whatever I want whenever I want and with whomever I want.

It's 7am, a dreary day and it matches my sour mood. My parents and I start loading their car and mine with my belongings. I'm quiet, no desire to talk. I should be happy and excited but instead I'm sullen and disappointed that time doesn't and never has worked in my favor. There's always an obstacle in my path, whether good or bad. My dad notices my silence, "hey, are you alright?" I nod, "I'm fine, I just don't want to leave my friends, or you guys. All I've ever known," I say just above a whisper. I feel that if I talk louder I'll cry. He sighs, "I understand. But so much is ahead is waiting for you, Scooter." I know he means well but he certainly does not understand. Not in the slightest.

Once the cars are loaded with as much as they can take, we eat a quick breakfast and we're off. I drive my own car and follow them to my new home for next 4 plus years.