The painful truth

Si Jun's POV:-

The next day at college, Taehyung approached me with concern evident in his eyes. "Are you okay?" he asked softly, his voice filled with worry. "My mother told me everything that happened to you."

I nodded, offering him a reassuring smile. "I'm fine, Taehyung. You shouldn't worry about me."

He gently cupped my face in his hands, his touch warm and comforting. "I wish I was there to protect you. I'm your soon-to-be husband, but I couldn't do anything for you."

I felt a pang of guilt as his words washed over me. "It's okay, Taehyung," I reassured him, placing my hand over his. "You shouldn't blame yourself. It wasn't your fault."

He nodded, pulling me into a tight embrace. "Please, be safe for me," he whispered, his voice filled with emotion.

I hugged him back, feeling the weight of his worry and love. "I will," I promised, holding onto him tightly.

As Taehyung pulled back and planted a gentle kiss on my forehead, I watched him walk away, feeling a mix of emotions swirling inside me. But my attention was quickly drawn to Se Mi, who was staring at us from a distance. Furrowing my brows, I approached her as she made her way over to me.

"Why do you do this every time? Huh? Why?" Se Mi's voice was sharp, filled with accusation. Confused, I asked, "What did I do?"

Se Mi let out a bitter chuckle. "Oh, don't be a fool. You know what, Si Jun? I hate you. I just hate you." With those harsh words, she stormed away, leaving me standing there, bewildered and wondering why she harbored such animosity towards me when I barely knew her.

As I pondered over her words, a sense of unease settled in my chest, leaving me with more questions than answers.

With determination burning in my chest, I scoured every inch of the college until I stumbled upon Se Mi, her delicate figure twirling in a solitary dance amidst the vast emptiness of the auditorium. My heart clenched at the sight of her bleeding feet, a silent testament to her pain.

Approaching her with hesitant steps, I retrieved the first aid kit from the nursing room, my hands trembling slightly with unease. "Sit down," I commanded, my voice sharper than intended, fueled by the frustration of unanswered questions. Se Mi's defiant glare met mine as she stubbornly refused my aid.

Refusing to yield, I gently but firmly guided her to sit, ignoring her protests as I began the task of tending to her injuries. With each tender touch, a whirlwind of emotions surged within me - empathy for her suffering, frustration at her resistance, and a glimmer of hope for understanding.

As I carefully wrapped bandages around her wounded feet, the silence between us echoed with unspoken tension, mingling with the soft strains of the music still playing in the background. 

"Why do you hate me?" I ventured, the question heavy on my tongue as I gazed at Se Mi, searching for answers in the depths of her eyes.

Her response was laced with bitterness, each word dripping with disdain. "Because you always try to fake this nice person drama," she spat, her voice tinged with resentment.

"Drama? It's not drama," I protested, my voice rising with indignation. "I felt hurt seeing you like this. I wanted to ease your pain."

Se Mi's laughter cut through the tense air like a knife, a cruel reminder of the divide between us. "Oh, really? Then ease my heart's pain. Leave Taehyung," she demanded, her words sharp and piercing.

My heart sank at her words, the weight of her request heavy upon my shoulders. Yet, amidst the turmoil of emotions swirling within me, a spark of defiance flickered to life. "I can't do that," I whispered, my voice wavering but resolute. "He's going to be my husband soon.”