Engagement night

Si Jun's POV:-

I stood in front of the mirror, trying to compose myself as I got ready for Jungkook's engagement. My hands trembled as I adjusted the necklace around my neck, and tears fell freely down my cheeks. I tried to wipe them away, but they kept coming. Memories of Jungkook and me flooded my mind - our laughter, our secret moments, the way he used to look at me like I was his whole world.

"Why am I feeling this way?" I whispered to myself, my voice choked with emotion. "He doesn't love me."

My thoughts drifted to Seong Jin, and my heart filled with dread. His words echoed in my ears, his threat chilling me to the bone. "If you don't marry me, I'll kill Jungkook," he had said, his eyes cold and unfeeling. I couldn't let anything happen to Jungkook, even if he didn't love me anymore. I had to protect him, no matter the cost to my own happiness.

I finished getting ready, forcing myself to keep moving. The thought of Jungkook's engagement to Seo Jin was almost unbearable, but I had to be there. For him. For us. Maybe just to see him one last time as someone who could have been mine.

As I arrived at Jungkook's mansion, my heart pounded in my chest. I took a deep breath and walked inside, my eyes searching for him. The sight of Jungkook and Seo Jin talking happily together made my heart clench painfully. They looked so perfect together, and it made me feel like an outsider, like I didn't belong in his life anymore.

I felt a wave of jealousy wash over me, mingling with my sadness. I couldn't tear my eyes away from them. Jungkook was smiling, laughing with Seo Jin, and I felt a sharp pang in my chest. Why did it have to be this way? Why did I have to lose him to her?

I tried to keep my composure, but it was becoming harder with each passing second. My jealousy reached its peak as I watched them, my mind a whirlwind of emotions. I wanted to scream, to tell Jungkook how I felt, but Seong Jin's threat loomed over me like a dark cloud.

I took a few deep breaths, trying to steady myself. I couldn't let them see how much I was hurting. I had to be strong, for Jungkook's sake. But as I stood there, watching the man I loved with someone else, I felt my resolve crumbling. The pain was too much to bear, and I didn't know how much longer I could keep it together.

I couldn't take it anymore. The sight of Jungkook and Seo Jin together was too painful. I turned and walked away, my steps quickening until I found myself running. I reached a balcony and leaned against the railing, tears streaming down my face. The cool breeze did little to calm the storm inside me.

Suddenly, I felt a gentle hand on my shoulder. I turned to see Se Mi standing there, concern etched on her face. "Why are you crying? Because you can't see Jungkook with Seo Jin?" she asked softly.

I nodded and broke down, hugging her tightly and crying like a child. "Yes. I can't see him with someone else. I love him, Se Mi. I love him so much."

Se Mi patted my back, then gently pulled me away to look into my eyes. "You can confess to me but not to Jungkook. Huh?"

I shook my head, feeling the weight of my fears and secrets. "I can't," I whispered.

"Why, Si Jun?" a voice came from behind. My heart skipped a beat as I turned and saw Jungkook standing there. His eyes were filled with pain and confusion. I felt a wave of fear wash over me. Had he heard everything I said to Se Mi?

"Why can't you confess to me?" he asked again, stepping closer.

I was speechless, my mind racing. I wanted to run, to hide, but there was nowhere to go. Jungkook's eyes were locked onto mine, demanding an answer. I felt trapped, the truth struggling to break free from the prison I had built around it.