Goodbye!

Si Jun's POV:-

I sat in the park, feeling the weight of my thoughts pressing down on me. The world around me seemed distant, like a blurry backdrop to my turmoil. Suddenly, I noticed Jungkook approaching. My heart clenched, but I quickly hardened my expression.

As he knelt before me, his hands gently cupping my face, I felt a surge of conflicting emotions. "Why are you marrying him?" he asked softly, his voice tinged with worry and confusion. I fought back the tears threatening to spill, maintaining my silence. I couldn’t let him see how much his presence affected me.

"Will you not tell me?" he pressed, his concern evident. His eyes searched mine, but I steeled myself against his gaze.

"Who are you to ask me that?" I snapped, my voice sharp and defensive. I couldn’t let him in. Not now, not after everything.

The hurt in his eyes was palpable, but I couldn’t afford to care. He had his chance, and he blew it. Now I had to protect myself, even if it meant pushing him away. I turned my head, breaking his hold on me, and stared into the distance, trying to ignore the ache in my chest.

I heard him sigh, but he didn’t move. He just stayed there, kneeling in front of me, waiting for an answer I wasn’t willing to give. The silence stretched between us, heavy and oppressive, as I struggled to keep my emotions in check.

Why couldn't he just leave me alone? Why did he have to come here and stir up all these feelings? I clenched my fists, willing the anger to drown out the pain. I had made my decision. I was marrying Seong Jin, and that was that. Nothing Jungkook could say or do would change my mind.

But deep down, I knew the truth. I was scared. Scared of admitting that I still had feelings for him. Scared of getting hurt again. And most of all, scared of letting him back into my heart, only to have him break it once more.

I stood up abruptly, the anger boiling inside me. I couldn't stay there any longer, couldn't face him without breaking down. As I turned to leave, Jungkook grabbed my wrist, his touch sending a jolt through me.

"Si Jun, just confess that you love me," he pleaded, his voice raw with emotion.

I yanked my wrist from his grasp, glaring at him. "You are Seo Jin's soon-to-be husband. You should be loving her, not me. Stop lying that you love me." My voice trembled with the effort to keep my tears at bay.

His expression hardened, and he took a step closer. "Okay, you don't love me. Fine. I'll marry Seo Jin then. If that's what you want."

The challenge in his voice cut through me like a knife. He was calling my bluff, and it hurt more than I could admit. My heart pounded in my chest, each beat echoing the fear and confusion I felt.

"Do what you want, Jungkook," I spat, trying to sound indifferent. "It doesn't matter to me."

But it did matter. It mattered more than anything. I turned away again, hoping he couldn't see the tears that were now freely falling. Why did he have to make everything so complicated? Why couldn't he just let me go?

As I walked away, I felt his eyes on my back, a silent plea for me to turn around, to take back my words. But I kept walking, each step feeling heavier than the last.

"Si Jun!" he called after me, his voice breaking. I stopped but didn’t turn around. "I will marry Seo Jin, I'll get engaged to her but only if you will be present in my engagement for the whole time."

Those words pierced through me, leaving a wound I wasn’t sure would ever heal. I wanted to scream, to run back to him and tell him everything. But I couldn’t. I had made my choice, and now I had to live with it.

Love: Till the end. Kim Taehyung. Jeon Jungkook Fanfiction.जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें