A few big words

Final exams are kicking my ass so here's some more fluff because it makes me feel better
~~~~~~~~
I found myself relaxing to the blanket silence of our room. Derek had his back to me, presumably half way to sleep, while I read a small book.
I occasionally glanced over at him to make sure he was okay. When he stirred or made a small sound of content it pulled my eyes back to him. But he was always fine and I was just left to stare at his shirtless torso. It was rare that Derek ever slept with a shirt on. The only time I'd ever seen him sleep with a shirt on was the first few times we slept in the same bed. But after about the third or fourth time he slowly removed his shirt and got into bed. After that he never even batted an eye when it came to it. Eventually he did tell me he much prefers to sleep without one. The clothes against his skin made it hard to get comfortable. And with his incessant body heat, he couldn't stand the feeling of that warmth getting trapped between his skin and a cotton fabric.
In no way was I complaining. I loved watching his body ripple and ebb as he moved around. His skin was so perfect. Smooth and soft despite all the work he does but I figure that all the sweating he does helps maintain his skin. It was easy to get lost watching him move. The way his muscles danced under his skin was hypnotising. And even when he was as still as a statue he was amazing to look at. Every inch of his body was something to take in. The hills and valleys of his back and shoulders were something I could spend eternity drinking in under the dim light of my bedside lamp. My eyes wondered to his shoulders and then to the familiar artwork that lay sandwiched between his shoulder blades.
It was then I decided my book was not nearly as enthralling as this sight before me. With a small sigh I bookmarked my page and set the book on the bedside table. I shuffled under the covers better and flopped onto my side. I scooted closer to Derek and wrapped my arm around his waist. I leaned up and kissed his cheek before resting my head again on the pillow. He stirred and let out a little breath.
"You okay?" Derek asked craning his neck to look at me.
"I'm fine. Just spending all my time looking at you." I giggled into his shoulder.
"Why? I'm sleeping."
"That doesn't mean you're not incredulously beautiful."
"You need to stop using such big words miss I-read-so-many-books." He sassed still turned away from me.
I laughed and tucked myself in closer to him, this time leaving a small kiss in the center of his tattoo.
"You're just a marvel to look at."
"Well I'll take your word for it." I felt satisfied with his submission and traced my fingers along his muscles. "That's making me shiver."
"Am I tickling you?" I exhaled in amusement
"No, just like the feeling of your fingers running along my arms." He mumbled starting to feel sleepy again.
My fingers traveled from his biceps to his back. My fingers dragged down to his hips and back up. They danced to his tattoo and I traced over it again and again.
"You know, you have never told me the story of this tattoo."
"I haven't?" He asked genuinely shocked in his depravity of sleep
"No. When did you get it?"
"When I was 18. I wanted one sooner but my mom wouldn't sign off on it. And my dad would never disobey my mom. But the week I turned 18, I wanted one. Peter actually went with me. Even though I could sign for it on my own, it was nice to have Peter there."
"Why the triskele? I know it has something to do with your family and how you found control, but why get it tattooed? Especially in a spot you can't see it."
"Well first off, I needed a place my mom wouldn't see it. So I picked a place covered by a shirt. But it is ironic that I can't see it. And I picked it because while it was a huge part of how I found control, it wasn't just about the control that the object gave me. It's about how it's a part of me. The triskele represents everything about me. My past, my future, my potential, my failures, everything. It's who I am. It's who I was. It's even who I could be. It's just me." I listened to his voice and traced the tattoo more. "I loved it. I wanted it on me forever to remember that im in control of myself. I'm not supposed to fight my werewolf side. Being a werewolf is who I am. So accepting that I am one helped me get control."
I rested my head on his tattoo and just felt his body close to mine.
"That's really pretty Derek." I finally whispered "for someone who doesn't show emotions very often, you do have an incredible way of speaking and thinking."
"Well... I'm no little miss 'let's read pride and prejudice' but I try."
I just laughed at his mockery and wrapped my arm back around his waist.
"Well this pride and prejudice reader wants to go to sleep please." I mumbled into his back
"Okay. Goodnight." He shuffled around for a moment and then settled in. When he was finally still I shifted the arm that was around him. He grabbed my hand with his and made sure I held on tight to him. He was beautiful like the tattoo work he had printed into his skin. Solitary and intriguing. And even falling asleep, somehow he still manages to make me lose my mind. I'm completely and totally obsessed with him.