*1*

"Minx, James wants to take you into London and show you his new buildings," My mum suggested.

James is my mum's fiancé. I am still not too sure if I am overly keen on him, but I'm willing to put in an effort. My mum and dad have recently gotten a divorce, only being official as of three weeks ago, but they have been separated for over a year and a half now. Of course it was hard on me to go through, but I'm old enough now to understand, as my 20th birthday is only 1 month away. Anyway, my mum and I are moving in with James, that is until I move out on my own. My dad lives in a small town quite a distance from London, whereas James lives right on the outskirts of the city. James is a wealthy businessman who owns an internet company of sorts.

"Yeah, I'm going tomorrow if you'd care to join me?" James smiled wrapping his arm around my mum's waist.

"Sure!" I nodded.

"I'm glad you're willing to come," James nodded before both him and my mum left my new room.

I continued unpacking and hanging up my clothes. My room is all but empty except some of my clothes, some belongings, my laptop on my bed, and my bed. Because I still have a lot of my stuff at my dad's house, where my mum, dad, and I used to live, until the divorce.

I made my way downstairs, sat on the couch, and went on my phone. My mum and James had gone to their room to unpack more. The only bad thing about moving to the outskirts of the city is that James' house is on the other side of London than my dad, so my friends are quite a distance away. Thankfully I will be moving into my own flat somewhere, hopefully soon.

°

I woke up and got ready. After asking my mum how I should look as James shows me his buildings, I decided to wear leggings and a tunic top. It's almost summer in London, meaning it's almost warming up but there are still sometimes rain showers.

"Minx, ready to go? I have the chauffeur downstairs waiting for us," James asked as he stood in my doorway.

"Yeah," I nodded, getting my bag and phone.

I followed James downstairs, saying a quick goodbye to my mum, and went out to the sleek black car waiting for us. The chauffeur opened the door for me and closed it once I had gotten in. He then drove us into the city and lead us to one of James buildings.

"Ok Minx, I have one small meeting I need to go to while we're here, but it'll only be about 15 to 20 minutes."

"That's fine," I smiled.

We walked into his fancy building and there were people everywhere trying to get their jobs done. James instructed me to sit down in a waiting area while he had his meeting.

"Hello, I'm Joe," A young man smiled as he sat down in the chair opposite me.

"Minx," I nodded.

"Pretty name," Joe smiled.

"So why are you here?" I asked.

"An interview."

"For a job?" I questioned.

"No, I have an interview for my YouTube channel, they want to do an article for me and my friend Caspar, who is doing his interview now," Joe explained.

"Cool," I smiled.

"Is Mr. Stephens your father?"

"James? No, he's my mum's fiancé," I laughed lightly.

Joe nodded his head. He seemed nervous, rubbing his palms together. About five minutes minutes later Joe's friend, Caspar, came back.

"How'd it go, mate?" Joe asked.

"Alright!" Caspar smiled, sitting down next to me.

"Caspar, this is Minx, her mum is engaged to Mr. Stephens," Joe intoduced us.

"Hello!" Caspar smiled happily, extending his hand, "Did ya get her number?" He asked Joe.

"Casp!" Joe hissed.

"Mr. Sugg, time for your interview," A petite lady said.

"Nice meeting you Minx," Joe nodded, still blushing from what Caspar had said.

"Same goes to you Mr. Sugg," I quietly mocked the petite lady, "Don't worry, I'm sure you'll do fine."

Joe nodded his head, smiling. Joe left and I sat there with Caspar. We held small talk, until James walked out of his meeting.

"Minx, let's go," James smiled.

I got up, saying good-bye to Caspar, "Wait! Here," I scribbled down my number on a small piece of paper and handing it to Caspar, "For Joe," I smiled.

"Thanks, now I won't have to hear him complaining about not getting your number," Caspar laughed as I smiled and waved goodbye.

"Who was that?" James asked friendly.

"Just a couple guys that were really nice. They're being interviewed for an article," I nodded.

"Oh, they're the YouTubers?" James asked.

"Yeah, I think so," I nodded again.

James continued showing me around this building. All the different floors and their purposes. He then took me to his other building on the other side of London. Needless to say, I found it quite pointless to have two buildings in the same city, but hey, he has the money and energy to.

We returned to James' house around 2 o'clock. I returned to my room after talking to my mum about the buildings, which she has already seen. Her and James decided to go relax by the pool and I went to my room.

"Hi, it's Joe, thanks for giving Casp your number," I got a text from Joe.

"Hey Joe. It's no problem," I replied, including the innocent-smiley emoji.

"Do you live around London?"

"Yup! You?" I replied.

"Yeah, me and Caspar have a flat together. You should hang out with us some time.?" Joe suggested.

"Definitely!" I replied.

Okay, not going to lie. I am excited to hang out with Joe. Not only is he attractive and fit. But I don't have many friends right now that are willing to keep contact, so meeting new people just seems like a lot of fun.

Joe and I continued texting for a while before deciding to make plans. He invited me to hang out with him, Caspar and Joe's sister, Zoe, and her boyfriend, Alfie.

"Minx, we are going out for dinner, want to come?" My mum shouted from downstairs.

I quickly weighed my options. Go out with them and eat food that's free for me, or stay here and find whatever I can. I guess I'll go out with them.

"Sure, be right down."

I grabbed my bag, phone, and slipped on some shoes. My mum and James were already by the door as I joined them downstairs. We all got into James' Range Rover and he drove us to a small family-owned Chinese Restaurant. Yes, not anything too fancy, I silently thought.

We all ordered and ate. James asked me about my friends and whatever else he could ask to get to know me more. Although it seemed a little pushy at times, I tried to remember that he is honestly trying to get to know me because he likes my mom so much.

"Have you thought about moving anymore?" My mum asked.

"Diane," James nudged her.

"No, it's fine," I smiled to James, "I've been looking at some flats, but I haven't found just the right one yet."

We finished eating and returned back home. I decided to go to my room and watch Netflix before falling asleep watching a show and texting Joe.

°

a/n: FINALLY A NEW JOE SUGG FANFIC!!!
This is def. gonna have more drama than ABR 1&2. I really hope you all like it.

Please comment and vote! X