*19*

"It was just a dream," Joe soothed as I buried my head to his chest.

"Joe, it felt so real. I was so scared," I sobbed.

"Minx, it's okay. You're safe."

Joe wrapped his arms around me and held me close to him.

"He tried to touc-"

"Minx, it was just a dream, I promise. Get some sleep, I'm right here," Joe said sweetly.

He wiped my tears and I closed my eyes to go back to sleep.

"Minx, unless you really feel the need to tell me, I don't want to know about your dream. I don't mean for that to soumd harsh, but it would just get me further angry at Rory, this time for something he didn't do," Joe said guiltily in the morning.

"That's okay. It actually means a lot," I nodded, giving Joe a small kiss.

°

"Minx! I am so happy you and Joe are together!" Zoe squealed as she got to Joe's flat.

"Oh!" I laughed as she gave me a hug.

Joe and Caspar decided to have some of their friends over this evening to hang out. Zoe and Alfie had just showed up, but Will and Oli were already here.

"Minx, this is Will," Joe introduced us.

"Hello!" I smiled.

Will and I talked for a couple minutes, small talk, before I went back and sat on the sofa with Joe. Zoe put some music on their speakers and played it throughout the flat. Joe and I were talking with Oli about his recent travels. As that conversation died down, Joe pulled me on his lap.

"You're cute," Joe whispered in my ear, making me blush.

"Oh shush," I giggled turning around and giving him a small kiss.

We all ate some food and talked, getting to know each other more. Alfie had brought Cards Against Humanity, which was really funny.

"Let's watch a movie!" Zoe suggested, "A scary movie!"

Caspar found a scary movie and put it on. As the previews started, I helped Joe cleaned up and everyone got comfortable to watch the movie. Will had already left because he had some 'prior engagements.'

I cuddled with Joe on the sofa and Alfie and Zoe were on the other side of the sofa. Oli in the chair, and Caspar sat with pillows and blankets on the ground.

Once the movie had finished, Zoe and Alfie left and drove home. Oli decided to spend the night and slept in bed with Caspar.

  "You might as well spend the night," Joe yawned.

  I nodded my head and Joe lead me downstairs, his hand on the small of my back.

Joe tossed me a shirt and I changed into it before getting into bed, already struggling to stay awake. Joe took off his pants and shirt and slept in his underwear, next to me. We both fell asleep, so tired we didn't even say anything to each other.

°

"Morning Minxie," Joe said soothingly as his hand was under my shirt, just resting on my stomach.

"Morning," I yawned.

Joe gave me a small kiss before getting up and going into the bathroom.

Once he was finished in the bathroom, we went upstairs and Caspar and Oli were already up and eating cereal.

"Good morning!" Caspar smiled.

His usual happy self was usually contagious, always making me smile.

"Morning!" I smiled.

Joe nodded and got himself some cereal.

"Want some?" Joe asked me.

"No thanks," I smiled, giving him a kiss on the cheek.

"Get a room!" Caspar and Oli joked.

"Fine, we will," Joe laughed wrapping his arm around me.

"Aw no!" Oli said shaking his head in disgust.

Joe laughed and resumed eating his cereal.

"I already heard them go at it a while ago!" Caspar laughed so hard he couldn't say anything afterwards.

"Caspar!" Joe scolded.

"What?!" Oli laughed.

"Oh my God!" Joe said, getting a bit frustrated from being embarassed.

"Atleast you're getting some," I whispered in Joe's ear, making him instantly smile.

"D.amn," Joe laughed.

"What?" Caspar questioned smiling.

"Minx said, 'Atleast you're getting some,'" Joe laughed.

"Joe!" I blushed.

"Burn!" Oli and Caspar laughed.

Joe gave me a side hug and a kiss on the cheek before he walked over to the sink to wash his dish.

  My phone started buzzing and I picked it up.

"Hello?"

"Hello Minx, this is Dr. Valerie from St. Thomas' Hospital."

"Yeah, hello," I said.

"You're father, Gordon, isn't doing too well..."

"Okay, I'll make my way down right now," I said into the phone before hanging up.

"I have got to go down to the hospital, my dad isn't doing well," I whispered to Joe.

I let my mum know before Joe offered to drive me down there. Rushing to his room, Dr. Valerie stopped me and emphasized how important it is to prepare myself because the cancer has spread more rapidly and has had a big change in his appearance within the last few days.

"Daddy," I said as I entered his room, Joe trailing closely behind.

"Minx, honey," My dad said weakly, "I love you honey."

I held his hand and kneeled next to the bed. He looks so pale and weak, it hurts my heart seeing him like this.

"Minx, I'm not going to get any better."

I nodded and gave him a hug. We talked for a bit, until he said we should get going and leave him to rest.

"Joe, please remember what I said," My dad said as we were leaving.

"Don't worry, I will Gordon," Joe nodded, smiling.

As we walked down to the car, I asked Joe what my father meant.

"Remember that time we visited him in the hospital and he asked you to leave so he could talk to me?" Joe asked.

"Yeah."

"Well, he said he could tell how much you liked me and asked me to promise to take care of you, ya know, when he passes. At first, I was a little scared by promising that to your dad, especially because we didn't know each other all that well, but I promised him anyway, and now I'm glad I did."

I didn't know how to respond. It made my stomach flutter that Joe cares for me so much. But at the same time, it upsets me that my dad knew then he was going to die soon. I don't know.

°

a/n: sorry this has taken so long to upload and it isn't that good...

I love your feedback!!! Keep commenting! PPLLEEAASSEE!!

Love ya! X.

*possible smut in next chapter*