*10*

"Minx, I'm so sorry," Joe comforted me as we got back to the house.

"Don't be," I said, wiping away a few stray tears.

Joe hugged me once we got up to my room.

I felt horrible. And miserable. And guilty. Horrible because Joe is here and I am sad about my dad. Miserable because of how my dad is sick, and won't get better. Then, guilty in a sense, because maybe I could've helped earlier. If I didn't just leave him that evening he was drunk and got in a fight, maybe he would've told me how he was feeling and I got could have gotten him the help he needed.

"Sorry for calling you my boyfriend earlier, it was easier to explain rather than friends, who like each other, but just stay in the fuzzy in-between stage of friends or a couple," I said, trying to lighten my own mood.

"It's really fine, no need to apologize," Joe said giving me a hug, "And we really are in that weird in-between stage, aren't we?"

I nodded in agreement.

"But, I like it... I think," I slightly smiled.

"Okay, good, me too," Joe said smiling.

"What are you going to tell your mom?" Joe asked, changing the subject.

"I haven't even thought about that, and they come home tomorrow," I groaned.

"I'm sorry. Don't worry about it, Minxie," Joe said, making me smile a bit at his nickname for me.

"But then you'll stop staying with me," I playfully pouted.

"Then you'll have to stay at mine more often," Joe smiled.

I nodded my head and got up to change into sweatpants and a t-shirt from my school days. I laid back on the bed and cuddled next to Joe. With his arms wrapped around me, my mind starting thinking about my dad again and I slowly started crying.

"I'm sorry," I said, wiping tears off my face, as I looked at his shirt and saw tears staining his plain shirt. Good thing I didn't put any make-up on.

"Minxie," Joe shook his head, "Stop saying sorry."

Kissing my forehead, I laid my head on his chest as he sat against the headboard and went on his laptop once I had stopped crying.

°

I woke up a bit disorientated. I was in my room, but it was dusk outside, meaning I had fallen asleep while Joe was on his laptop. However, Joe was no where to be found in my room.

I noticed a note stuck on my phone:

"Had to go home, Casp lost his keys again. Be back soon. Love, Joe. X."

I took the sticky note off of my phone and stuck it against the headboard of my bed, to get it out of the way, but for some reason I didn't want to throw it away. Taking my phone, I browsed on my phone for awhile before getting bored. I decided I would visit my dad again tomorrow and try and persuade him to tell my mum. But, I don't know how that will go over...

Speaking of my mum, my phone starting ringing.

"Hi Mum," I answered.

"Minx! How are you? And Joe?" My mum added.

"We're both good," I smiled into the phone. I put on a happy voice so my mum didn't suspect anything wrong.

"That's good darling. Well, James and I are coming home tomorrow around 2 o'clock in the afternoon," My mum informed me.

"Okay," I said so she knew I heard her.

"Okay, well I'll see you tomorrow Minx," She said before hanging up.

I tried to busy myself so I wouldn't start thinking about my dad a lot. I started by cleaning my bathroom before moving downstairs and cleaning the kitchen and guest bathroom. As I was halfway done cleaning the kitchen, Joe came back.

"Hiya," I greeted.

"Minxie!" Joe smiled.

"I'm just cleaning the kitchen," I informed him.

"Fun," Joe said sarcastically, raising his eyebrows.

Joe waited for me to finish cleaning before he insisted we go out somewhere, even if just for cuppa.

"Joe, do we have to go out?" I whined, clinging to him with my arms around his neck.

"It'll be good for you," Joe smiled, leaning down to give me a kiss.

I agreed, slipping on shoes and getting my bag and phone, we left. Joe drove us to a small café. He ordered us both a drink each. It was a cold lime-y drink.

"Watch this!" Joe smirked as he started beat-boxing with his straw.

I attempted to do so as well, but did not do so well, I ended up blowing my straw and it fell on the ground, resulting in me getting a new one.

After sitting for a while and enjoying each others' company, we got back in the car. Joe drove us further away from the house.

"Where are we going?" I questioned.

"Don't worry, Minx," Joe winked.

We drove through London and Joe stopped the car and got out when we were in the middle of streets with shops on all sides.

"Let's look around," Joe smiled, grabbing my hand and guiding me through the crowds.

This was kind of Joe to do. He was trying his best to get ny mind off of my dad being sick and all. I really appreciate it.

°

a/n: sorry it's so short and a filler chapter!!! More drama is to entail!!!

****IM THINKING ABOUT DOING SOME BIG DRAMA IN THIS BOOK, LIKE LIFE CHANGING FOR THEM? YES OR NO?? IDK LET ME KNOW?****

Love you all!!!!! Thanks for reading and please comment and vote. Love you all v much!! X.