*96*

"Noah Sugg," A male nurse called as we sat in the waiting room, waiting for Noah's first check-up.

I carried Noah as Joe followed behind us.

"Hello, I'm Greg. So, I'm going to weigh Noah and we'll test all his vitals and just give him a check-up to make sure all is well," He explained.

"Okay," I nodded, passing Noah to the nurse.

He followed procedure for the check-up and Noah behaved quite well, except for the shots he was given.

"Shh," I hummed as he fussed and cried.

"Okay, I'm going to let the doctor tell you all the results. She'll be in in a few minutes."

"Thank you," Joe nodded.

Greg left the room and I held Noah as we waited for the doctor to come in.

"Hello, I'm Dr. Fink. You're here for little Noah's check-up, correct?"

"Yeah," I smiled.

"Aw, great. Well, I'm looking at all of the results for everything right now and he seems to be in good shape. You have a strong, healthy, little boy."

"Thank you," I laughed lightly.

"How are you feeling?" She asked me, "All healed?"

"Yes, and I'm good," I nodded.

"That's good. So just make sure to maintain a healthy diet because what you eat ultimately goes into your breast milk," She nodded.

"Okay," I agreed.

"So, everything seems good. Have you been bonding with the baby, yes?"

"Yeah," I nodded.

"Alright! So, you are okay to continue, or start, any sexual activity again, if desired," Dr. Fink continued.

She asked a lot of questions about Noah's feeding schedule, diaper schedule, how he's been sleeping, and acting, etc.

"Well, he doesn't like it when he's not being held. He'll cry until he is held," I explained.

"That is quite normal. As a newborn, he can't be spoiled. Newborns don't realise if they cry a lot, they get held. They cry because they're missing you then. They don't realise yet that you're not leaving, so when they're not being held, they feel as if they've been left alone."

"Okay," I nodded.

Dr. Fink answered any other questions we had before we left.

"Noah, shh," I said as we got in the car.

"I feel as if that's all we ever say anymore, 'Noah, shh,'" Joe laughed lightly.

"True," I laughed along.

"You know what we need?" Joe said.

"What?"

"A baby sling! I don't know why we haven't thought about this before!" Joe suggested.

"Yeah, that would make things a bit easier," I nodded.

"Let's go get one," Joe nodded.

"Now?"

"Yeah, why not?!" Joe smiled.

"Okay," I smiled.

Noah still cried in the backseat as I drove us all to the nearest shopping centre.

"Hush, Noah. We're here," I said quietly as I pulled into the car park.

Carrying Noah inside and Joe hobbling next to us, we went to the nearest baby store. Finding the right baby sling took a while as the store associate had us try different ones on. Thankfully, Noah didn't cry in any of them, except one, but that one was big and bulky anyway. After finally deciding on the right baby sling, we purchased it and then headed home, avoiding a small gathering of Joe's fans that had seen him while we were shopping around.