*86*

"Hello Diane. Where's Rose?" The receptionist asked kindly.

"Oh, she's fallen ill today. But I've brought my daughter, Minx."

"Hello Minx. And I'm sorry to hear about Rose. Go ahead and pick a colour then have a seat wherever."

I followed my mum as she lead us back to pick out a colour. My mum picked out a dark green and I decided on a really dark maroon, to where it almost looked black, and it was matte.

"Okay, let's sit down and get the pedicure and then they'll do the manicure."

I nodded and followed before taking a seat on the massage chairs.

"So how are you and Joe doing?" My mum asked.

"Really well, yeah. He's really excited for Noah," I nodded.

"Aw that's sweet. I'm honestly so happy for you two. And Noah is going to be an adorable baby!" My mum gushed, "What was his reaction to the baby at first?"

"Like I said, he was really excited. At first I was more nervous and scared than he was!" I laughed.

"Aw. I'm assuming he wasn't planned then?"

"No, not at all. I must've forgotten to take the pill one day, because we had been safe, well I though we had been..."

"Oh well," My mum shrugged.

"Yeah, it's alright. I'm happy, but I'm nervous for labour and delivery."

"It'll be okay. It will be the most painful thing you experience, but once they put your baby in your arms, you'll forget about all of it."

"I still have a few months," I breathed.

"It will fly by though," My mum said.

"I know," I groaned.

"So, I'm taking it you and Joe are waiting until after the baby for the wedding?"

"Well, yeah. We were planning to have it before Noah arrives. But I got nervous and afraid we were moving too fast, so Joe was fine with waiting. So we have no idea when we'll have the wedding really."

"Aw, okay darling. Whatever you and Joe feel is best. Remember what I told you when you and Joe first started seeing each other."

"I know Mum," I laughed lightly.

"Just do whatever you think is best."

My mum and I talked more about Joe and I's relationship.

"Make sure you still make time for each other once the baby arrives," My mum informed me.

"Mum, I know!" I laughed.

"I'm sorry darling. I just want to make sure you and Joe are good. I miss having you at home and hearing about what's going on in your life. I know it's a part of growing up, but I just want you to know that I'm always here."

"I'm sorry. What do you want to know?" I asked happily.

"I don't know! What do you guys do everyday? Just small things make me feel closer to you and I like hearing about your days."

"Oh God," I laughed, "Well, some nights we sleep at Joe's flat and some nights we sleep at my flat, it just depends. So we get up, I shower, and then if Joe has meetings, then I'll hang out or go run errands. But if he doesn't have meetings, then we'll do all that together. It's really quite boring," I shrugged, "In the evenings we go and hang out with friends, or just stay at home, depending on how I feel."

"See, that's sweet. This is when I feel like I should ask if you two are being safe, but we can see that's not necessary," My mum laughed quietly.

"Mum!" I giggled.