*22*

*warning: trigger event*

listen to: truce- twenty one pilots

°

Four days later, I woke up at two in the morning to my phone ringing.

"Hm, hello?"

"Hello Minx, this is Dr. Valerie, sorry to call at such an uncomfortable time, but your father, Gordon, doesn't seem to have much time left. We've done everything we can do at this point."

"Oh my God. Okay, I'm on my way," I said, bolting out of bed.

I hung up the phone with Dr. Valerie and ran to my mum and James' room.

"Mum, Dad isn't doing well, I have to go to the hospital," I cried, waking her up.

"Okay, give me one minute. I'll put on some shoes," My mum nodded, rubbing her tired eyes.

"Want me to come?" James asked, sitting up and putting on the lamp.

"That may not be a good idea," My mum shook her head.

I ran back into my room put on a pair of sweats and shoes and my mum and I left for the hospital.

"Dad," I cried as we got into his hospital room.

His eyes were closed and his breathing was very, very slow. I held his hand and leaned my head on the edge of the bed.

"Daddy, please," I cried.

"Minx, baby," My dad managed to say very slowly.

"Gordon," My mum whispered in shock of his appearance, he had aged so much, the cancer taking effect on his looks.

"Diane, take care of her," He huffed.

My mum nodded, but for some reason kept her distance from the bed, not coming too close to her almost dead ex-husband. Her distance from him got me a bit angry, but not enough to take the focus from my dad.

My dad opened his eyes slightly searched for me.

"Daddy," I muttered, holding his cheek.

"Minx, I'm sorry."

"Daddy, no, please," I sobbed.

He can't leave. I knew this was going to happen eventually, but not this quick. I still remember when I was younger and my parents were together, we would always play in the garden of my dad's house and he would teach me about different bugs we found. I later learned that he made most of it up, and butterflies did not use their wings to carry other bugs to safety from bug spray...

"Baby," He mumbled weakly, "I love you"

With that, his eyes closed and his chest exhaled, and the machine to his right started making a constant hum.

"No!" I cried.

This can't be real.

A few nurses rushed in, ready to try and rescucitate him, before they realised what room it was.

"I'm sorry," One nurse explained, "There's nothing we can do for him."

"Please! Just try!" I cried.

"We were advised not to, the cancer had spread too much..."

"No! Please!" I sobbed.

"Time of death, 2:36," Dr. Valerie said quietly as she felt his nonexistent pulse.

"Minx, come here," My mum said sternly as I clinged to my father, "Let the doctors' do what they need to do."

I stood in the corner with my mum, and watched as they undid all of the IV's and machines. Another nurse came in and laid a white sheet over him. Dr. Valerie handed me a medical certificate, which she said needed to be register for his death.

They wheeled him in his bed to the hospitals' mortuary.

"There's nothing more we can do, let's go," My mum said quietly.

I nodded my head, tears still streaming down my face and we walked back to the car and my mum drove us home. She hasn't cried. Not one tear has fallen over my father's death.

We got inside and I went up to my room, putting the certificate on the kitchen counter for my mum to deal with.

It was just past 3 o'clock and I curled back up in my bed and cried myself back to sleep.

I know my dad hadn't been a huge impact in my life since the divorce and he did drink a lot and get in fights, but I still loved him.

I called Joe.

"Minx?" He answered, I had obviously just woken him up. Not surprising considering the time.

"Joe," I cried, "My dad died."

"Minxie, I'm so sorry," Joe said sympathetically.

"Joe, he's gone," I sobbed.

"Hold on Minx, I'll come over, you're at home, yeah?"

"Mhm."

Joe kept talking to me on the phone, trying to comfort me. He hung up when he got in the car to get here. I quietly made my way downstairs, careful not to disturb my mum or James.

"Minxie, I'm so sorry," Joe hugged me when he arrived.

We went upstairs and cuddled on my bed. I couldn't help but cry. Instead of talking, Joe just wrapped his arms around me and listened.

It's just hard knowing I will never see my dad again.

°

"Minx, I'm sorry. I have a meeting today, I have to go," Joe awoken me.

"Hm? What time is it? I mumbled.

"Almost 12, I have a meeting at 12:30, so I have to go," Joe said, giving me a small kiss on my forehead.

"Okay," I nodded.

Joe gave me a kiss as he grabbed his phone and left.

I hesistantly decided to get up and get a shower. I took a long time in the shower, just thinking about everything and nothing at the same time.

I tried not to think too much about my dad, knowing it would just result in me in tears again. It doesn't feel like I won't ever see him again. I keep thinking he is just at his house, not dead.

"Minx, darling, are you okay?" My mum asked, knocking on the bathroom door.

"Yeah, sorry, I'm getting out now," I nodded before getting out of the shower.

I got out of the hot shower and wrapped myself in my towel, before returning to my room to change into sweats and a t-shirt.

°

a/n: hiiii

okay sorry this chapter is sad, and poorly written...

***I have writer's block! Help! Please!!!!!***

Love ya all!!! X.