*74*

"Joe, I have an appointment for today at twelve," I said hanging up the phone with the doctors' office.

"Awesome," Joe smiled, giving me another kiss, "We're going to be parents!"

"Should I call my mum and James and see if they want to meet up for dinner tonight?" I smiled, "I'm so excited I just want to tell someone!"

"That works," Joe nodded as he now did his hair.

"Okay, I'll call them now," I smiled.

I went and sat on my sofa and dialed my mum.

"Hi Minx," My mum greeted.

"Hi Mum. I know this is a bit random, but would you and James want to meet up for dinner tonight?" I asked.

"Um, sure. Should I be concerned about something?" My mum questioned.

"No, we've just been busy a lot and want to meet up and catch up a bit," I said seriously.

I want to keep it a surprise and get ultrasound pictures to show them from today, although there will be little to nothing to see. Whatever, it's the meaning behind it.

"Yeah, alright! I'm actually getting a pedicure with Rose right now, so can you text me where we'll meet up?"

"Yeah, love you."

"Love you too. Bye darling."

I hung up the phone before deciding to get in the shower.

"I'm going to get in the shower," I announced to Joe.

"Okay, be careful," Joe said cautiously.

"Joe, I'll be fine," I giggled.

"I just want you to be extra careful now," Joe said meekly.

"Alright," I laughed.

I got undressed and looked at myself in the mirror, wanting to see a small baby bump, but I only just look a little bloated, as I expected.

°

"Minx Levins," The nurse smiled as Joe and I waited for the ultrasound.

"Oh, here," I smiled, standing up.

"Okay, hi. I'm going to weigh you and then I'll take you to the ultrasound room," She nodded.

She did exactly what she said and now Joe and I are waiting in the examination room for the doctor to come and do the ultrasound.

"I'm nervous," I said quietly to Joe.

"Nah, I'm excited more than anything," He grinned.

"Hello! I'm Dr. Fieldings, you're Minx Levins, correct?" The doctor smiled as he entered the room.

"Yeah," I nodded.

"Okay, and you are... husband, boyfriend, friend?"

"Fiancé," Joe nodded.

"Oh, so a little bit of all of them," He joked, "Okay, so we'll be doing an ultrasound to look at a possible baby? How exciting!"

He sat down and put the folder to the side before getting the gel and putting it on my bare stomach.

"Okay, so we're going to just a little look around," He smiled as he started the ultrasound.

He moved around the device against my stomach, then looking on the screen.

"And there it is," He grinned.

In the middle of the screen was a wide black circle and in the middle, was the baby. Small, white, and almost unrecognisable to being a baby.