*11*

"Minx! How were you honey! I missed you! But it was so beautiful and warm, such a shame you didn't come," My mum flustered as she got home.

"Hi Mum," I smiled, giving her a hug.

"Hi Minx," James smiled as he brought in their bags.

"Joe! Hello again! Thank you for staying over while we were gone and taking such good care of Minx," My mum said, rushing to give him a hug too, "Please stay for dinner, we will probably be ordering pizza, but I want to get to know you more."

"Okay," Joe smiled.

"Alright! No more fussing, I have to unpack," My mum smiled as she took her bag upstairs, following James.

"Sorry," I smiled.

"For what?"

"My overbearing mum."

"She just loves you," Joe smiled.

I nodded and gave Joe a hug, resting my head on his chest. We walked to the sofa and cuddled while watching a program.

"Do you want to stay again tonight?" I asked Joe.

"I should probably go back home, I told Caspar I would be back tonight," Joe said.

"Okay," I nodded, leaning up to give Joe a kiss.

"How adorable!" My mother interrupted as we kissed.

"Mum!" I yelled, not meanly.

"I'm sorry honey," She laughed.

I laid my head back against Joe's shoulder and my mum sat on the opposite sofa.

"I'd better go order our dinner," She smiled before getting right back up.

She's so weird and all everywhere in a fluster. But that's my mum.

°

Soon enough the pizza was delivered. We all sat on the sofas and ate instead of going to the dining room.

"So what did you two do while we were gone?" My mum questioned.

"Uhm, just hung out," I shrugged.

"I know this is probably going to be awkward for you two, but James and I need to talk about this with you," My mum said confidently.

"Oh my gosh," I huffed, shaking my head.

Joe squeezed my thigh in assurance. Little did he know, I already know what they're going to say.

"Well, we know you're young adults and your hormones are still a bit crazy, and that's okay, but if you two are, or become, sexually active, make sure you have the proper protection," My mum informed us, sounding like a doctor, probably because she has been a nurse for the past 15 years.

"Condoms and birth control," James suggested.

"We know all of this, and we're not new to this," I said quickly.

"Minx!" My mum said shocked, "Really?"

"We'll talk later," I said quickly again.

Joe still had his hand on my thigh. He was rubbing small circles with his thumb, probably to try and diffuse the awkwardness.

"But, please be safe," My mum pleaded.

"Okay," I smiled.

Joe nodded his head, not saying anything this whole time. I can't even begin to imagine how awkward this is for him.

"I better get going. Thank you for everything," Joe smiled, getting up.

"It was no problem! Thank you again for staying with Minx," My mum and James thanked Joe.

I walked with Joe upstairs to get his stuff.

"I am so sorry about that. I don't know why they do that," I said.

"They really care about you, Minxie," Joe smiled, "No worries. It's not even relevant yet, is it?"

"No," I shook my head.

"Exactly, don't worry about it," Joe said giving me a small kiss before we headed back downstairs.

I walked Joe out and said good-bye again before returning back inside.

"Minx," My mum called from the kitchen, "What's this about sex being 'not new?'"

She wasn't upset at all, more or less just curious.

"Griffin."

"Really?! I know you two fooled around, but I didn't know you lost you lost your virginity to him, it was just a summer vacation thing," My mum said.

Honestly, my mum and I have such a close relationship, this is a bit awkward, but I trust her to not judge me.

"Yeah, I don't know," I shrugged, "When we visited Greece last summer for a month."

"What about with Damon?"

"It was never that serious," I shrugged.

"It's not that serious with Joe?"

"Well, I don't know. We're not together, we just hang out," I explained.

"Friends with benefits," My mum smirked.

"Without all the benefits. We just haven't put a title to it," I laughed.

My mum and I continued talking, asking questions about Joe. And I asked questions about their trip over the weekend, or for them, the extended weekend.

°

"Mum, I'm going out for a bit," I said grabbing my car keys and phone.

"Okay, honey, be safe," She smiled as I left.

I got in the car and drove down to the hospital. As I walked onto the floor my dad was on, I saw Dr. Valerie.

"Minx? Correct?" Dr. Valerie greeted.

"Yes," I smiled.

"How are you?"

"I'm doing okay," I nodded.

"That's great. Your father is still in his room, feel free to go in," Dr. Valerie amiled before getting in the elevator.

I made my way to his room and walked in.

"Minx," My dad said in a weak voice.

"Daddy," I smiled, pulling up the chair to the bed, "Daddy, you have to tell Mum."

"No, Minx, she doesn't need this worry. She's got you and James, and a good life, and I don't want to tear her down again- not again since the divorce," My dad explained.

"So what? You're just gonna be here and be sick and not tell Mum?" I questioned him like he was crazy.

"Minx," He said calmly holding my hand.

"Sorry, she just has to know," I pleaded.

"Not now. Let's change the subject. How are you and Joe?" My dad asked.

"Okay- yeah, we're good," I nodded.

"He is a good man, Minx," My dad nodded.

I didn't know how to respond, except my nodding.

"I know."

I stayed at the hospital for a while longer before parting ways with my dad for the time being. I made my way back home, successfully not crying, however being teary-eyed does not count as crying for the record.

°

a/n: hiii. Okay, so for the next chapter I need a couple things from my readers!!! YESS, THAT'S YOU!!

1. SMUT OR NO? I HAVE RECIEVES ONE ANSWER FOR NO, BUT DO YOU WANT ANY SEXUAL SCENES INCLUDED, IF NOT TOO GRAPHIC, OR NONE AT ALL????

2. SHOULD JOE AND MINX'S RELATIONSHIP MOVE FASTER????

Thanks! love you all lots and lots. X.