Chapter 1

A loud ringing erupted in my ear, shaking my from my sleep. I slowly opened my eyes, wiping the sleep off them before slowly lifting my self off the bed. Well more like hovering 3 inches above the bed. I lazy slapped the snooze button, all the energy being swept out of me with the simple movement. I flopped back down on the bed, a groan slipping out of my mouth. I glanced over at the calendar hanging over my desk across the room. It read Saturday, July 9. My body tensed as my brain went into realization on what today meant. I quickly sat up and swung my legs over the edge of the bed. I peered over at the calendar once more, making sure that I had read the right thing, and that my morning eyes didn't read it wrong. A smile grew on my face, forcing the edges of my mouth up, and my cheeks forming into the dimples I'd grown to hate so much. I jumped off my bed, no longer feeling the fatigue that had consumed a couple minutes before. I looked at the clock on my bedside table. 10:27

 I groaned to myself, walking over to my dresser. I picked up my brush and started picking apart the knotted ends. After going through the length of my hair, I stood back and examined my newly brushed bed head. My natural waves stood on end from the static of my brush. Sighing I stepped away from my mirror, grabbing a towel and heading to the bathroom. I walked down the long hallway, past the staircase, and stepped into the bathroom. I hung the towel on the rack closest to the shower, for easy access when I get out. I proceeded back to the sink, grabbing my face scrub, and turning on the faucet. I waited for the water to warm, then splashed the water on my face, creating a mess on the counter, water sliding down my elbows and drifting onto the floor. I rinsed my face of the substance then shut off the water, blindly grabbing the nearest towel and almost slipping and face planting on the puddle of water now created on the tile floor. After drying my face and carefully regaining my balence, I wiped up all the water that I had leaked onto the floor and counter. I grabbed my toothbrush, the taste of mint flavoring on my taste buds as I raked it back and forth on my teeth when I heard a knock on the door.

"Occupied.." I mumbled towards the door, and I'm sure it sounded different though due to the toothbrush in my mouth. The door opened and my mom stood in the doorway.

"Good morning sunshine." she said, a smile plastered on her face.

"Hey." I said, spitting into the sink and rinsing off my toothbrush, placing it back in the plastic holder.

"Whatcha doin' ?"

"I was gonna get it the shower.." I said, trailing off hoping it was obvious that I was trying to end the little conversation we were having.

"Okay good! Hurry though, then dress in something nice afterwards. I have a surprise.." she said grinning.

"What about later? We have the Artic Monkeys concert at seven remember?" I stated, getting a little nervous at the possibility she had forgotten. She usually did.

"How could I not when I have you reminding me constantly," she said with a laugh. "We'll make it there with time to spare. Now shower Ava I can smell you from here." she said giving a chuckle and a slight smirk.

I said nothing in return, shutting the door I flicked up the lock, stripping off my clothing. I looked in the mirror, peering at my naked body and frowning Shaking the thoughts out of my mind, I walked over to the shower and flicked it on. As I stepped into the shower I was instantly relaxed. The hot water running down my body woke me up and my excitement for tonight grew by the second. I grabbed the shampoo and began scrubbing it into my scalp, repeating the same thing with the conditioner.  I turned off the water and wrapped myself in the towel that was once hanging on the rack. Nearing the door I grabbed a towel from underneath the sink and wrapped my hair up. I quickly opened the door and ran the distance from the bathroom to my room. I started to slow as I passed the staircase, hearing multiple voices downstairs, which is weird because me and my mom live alone. I watched as my mom sat down on the couch, obviously talking to a person sitting in the love seat across from her. But the person she was talking to was out of my view. The voice unknown to me.

"So how was your flight?" my mom asked, overly excited for no apparent reason.

"Fantastic," an accent filled voice responded. What?

"Long, but still quite nice, I actually slept for most the time, besides being hounded by the others." the voice responded. It was obviously a guy. The small talk continued for a while. The more I listened, the more confused I got. Hearing enough, I walked the rest of the way to my room, shutting the door behind me. I dropped my body towel, leaving my with only my head towel on. I walked over to my dresser, opening the first drawer and pulling out underwear with the words "Lets Party" on the butt, and a black bra. I put both on and walked over to my closet, pulling the doors back, and scanning the racks for an outfit to wear. I settled on light wash ripped jeans, and a black V neck T-shirt. I grabbed my straightener and began straightening my blonde hair. My hair reached down to my hips, a couple centimeters away from the tip of my butt. I grabbed my make up bag and began applying eyeliner on the waterline of my eyes, making my light brown eyes "pop" according to my mom, then grabbed my mascara and applied a thick coat. Walking over to the closet again, I picked out my black chucks and slipped them on. Satisfied with my outfit, I grabbed my phone off the charger and stuck it in myside bag, and walked out of my room and down the hallway.

I stood at the top of the staircase and listened for the voices I had heard earlier. Sure enough they were still there in the same position I had left them. I slowly descended the staircase, curious of what I'd find. As I reached the bottom, I turned to look at the two bodies in the den in front me. My mom quickly stood up, obviously she had been planning for my reaction because she had already made her way to me from across the room. I peered at the person now standing across the room from me in front of the love seat. My mouth sealed into a loose line. I knew him from somewhere. He grinned, amused with my slow reaction.

"Hello," he said, the look still plastered on his face. I was hesitant, not quite knowing what to say. My mom realizing this added in,

"Ava, this is Louis, Louis this is Ava." Louis now crossed the room towards me, holding out his hand, expecting me to shake it I guess. I didn't reach my hand out to his, my confusion very apparent. Noticing this, he started to chuckle.

"Nice to meet you." he said and I managed to nod my head.

"Not to be rude or anything, but why're you here?" I mumbled. His eyes shot up to my mom, who looked nervous in return. "What?" I asked, peering up at my mom. "Well, " she started, walking in front me so she faces my straight on. Louis took up to the side of me, shooting me nervous smiles and glances. After what seemed like an eternity, she finally finished her sentence with "Louis' your half brother." then, I blacked out.