Chapter 5

The sound of the doorbell shot me out of my light sleep. Pushing my hair out of my face I looked over at Lauren who was sprawled out on my bed. Her mouth open and arm hanging off the bed. She had decided to sleepover last night after not being "in the mood to go home" so naturally she just went up to my room and went to sleep, leaving me alone downstairs. That's what are best friends for right? The doorbell rang again and I groaned, slipping out of the bed. I threw a pillow at Lauren hitting her in the head.

"Get up."

She squirmed around in response, mumbling profanities. I walked through the hallway and down the stairs to the front door. The doorbell ringing over and over.

"What?" I said opening the door , rubbing my eyes.

"Nice to see you too." Niall chuckled walking inside. He immediately walked into the kitchen and examined the insides of our fridge. Grabbing a juice box he turned around to face me, looking me up and down.

"Well don't you look hot." he said sarcastically. I looked down to see what I was wearing. A tight fitted white tank top covered my top half, followed by yoga pants.

I shrugged it off, grabbing Niall's juice box and taking a sip before handing it back to him.

"Ava," someone whined, followed by the sound of feet going down the stairs. Here we go.

"Brace yourself." I said to Niall under my breath. He gave a confused look then turned his attention to the girl dressed in sweatpants and a Victoria secret sweatshirt walking into the room.

Lauren.

Her eyes were closed as she walked in, one of her hands rubbing the back of her neck. She sat on the arm of the couch, falling backwards to have her back resting on the cushion and legs propped up on the arm.

"Why. Did. You. Wake. Me. Up." she hissed, eyes still closed.

"Someone was at the door." I answered casually.

"Oh," she said rubbing her eyes. "Who was it?"

I waited a moment before speaking, shooting Niall a precautionary look.

"Look for yourself."

She moaned, swinging her legs off the couch and standing up. Looking over to where me and Niall stood, her eyes widened. She rubbed them again before looking back at us. Her eyes going back and forth from him to me.

"Hello." Niall said sheepishly, waving.

Lauren opened her mouth, like she was gonna say something but nothing came out. Turning to me she pointed at Niall.

"He's here."

"Mhmm."

She opened her mouth to say something again, but just closed it and shook her head scrunching her eyes.

"I'm gonna go shower.."

Giving us each one more look she turned to walk away, but turned around after a couple steps. She looked at Niall and spoke.

"You're hot."

I shot my hand over my mouth to keep from yelling in laughter. She just smirked and ran up the stairs. I looked at Niall who was blushing and laughing. After a couple moments he spoke. "....she's cute." Smiling, I sat down on the floor before realizing he never said why he was here.

"Not to be rude or anything Niall but, why are you here?"

Confusion took over his face.

"Your mom didn't tell you?"