Chapter 12

Ava's POV:

I stepped inside the house walking slowly down the hallway and into the living area. My eyes never leaving the floor as I listened to Lauren's footsteps enter the room and taking a seat across from me. We sat in silence for a few moments, us both gathering or thoughts. I finally spoke not making eye contact, my voice almost a whisper.

"Why did you do it?"

The room stayed silent. I dared to glance up quickly. Lauren sat with her head in her hands, her quiet sobs echoing through the room.

I sighed. Standing up and sitting next to her, leaning my head on her shoulder.

"Im so sorry Ava," she said through sobs. "I don't know what got into me, I really don't."

I rubbed circles on her back, attempting to calm her down but not saying a word.

"I wasn't thinking, it never occurred to me how much you liked him. I was stupid so stupid."

Her honesty brought tears to my eyes and I hugged her harder.

"I love you Lauren," I said wiping her tears. " I think I overreacted too."

"I didn't think it through. I know how hard it is for you to admit your feelings like that. I don't want this to stop you're progress that the boys have brought you. Whether you admit it or not. It's important."

Lauren wiped the makeup from under her now puffy eyes. I stood up offering her a hand which she took with a relieved smile. She engulfed me in a hug which I gladly excepted.

"Now go pack," I said pulling back with my hands on her shoulders. "You're coming back to the house with me. I have a lot to tell you."

She nodded wiping her eyes once more before running off to her room. I had really missed having my bestfriend. No ones worth breaking a friendship. Not even Harry.

She came out a minute later, a suitcase in tow. I gave a laugh, grabbing her hand and leading her out the front door and to the car.

"You guys are all good?" Niall said with a smile as we loaded into the back seat. We both gave a nod and I leaned over and have her a tight side hug.

We talked through out the car ride back. I told her about the cast and my date with Harry. Speaking in a low tone about the kiss so it was only audible to the both of us.

Her smile grew as our conversation deepened.

"Im so happy for you Ava." She said softly, giving my hand a quick squeeze.

And at that moment, everything finally felt okay.

sorry the chapters to short! Im so happy to be writing again! I'm going to try and make this story more mature, I read it from the beginning today and was so embarrassed. I'll update as soon as possible.

kenzie xoxoxo