Chapter 6

A knock at my door woke me up. I blindly reached for my phone on the bedside table, feeling around till I felt the rectangular outline. Hitting the lock button I checked the time. 12:34 p.m. The knocking at the door continuing, causing me to groggily sit up. Peeling the tissues off my face from last night, I stood up and walked over to the door slowly, dragging my feet on the ground. The knocking got harder as the person on the other side grew impatient.

"Hold up, i'm coming!" I yelled irritated, my voice cracking from the violent sobs caused by the events of last night. Reaching the door I looked through the peep hole only to catch a glimpse of Lauren on the other side pacing back and forth. I groaned at the sight of her. I was not in the mood to talk to her, especially after what she did to me last night.

"Go away." I spat roughly through the door, making my way to the bathroom.

"Aw c'mon Ava open the door we need to talk." she said back in a pleading tone. Ignoring her I turned on the faucet and began rinsing off my face, the dried tears on my cheeks making it sticky. What she had done to me had really caught off guard. Flirting is one thing, but swallowing each other whole while laying down on the couch was another. The fact she would actually feel okay doing that, knowing I liked him, disgusted me. Could I even call her a friend anymore? Let alone a best friend? I grabbed the apricot face scrub off the counter, squeezing a bit into my hand and mixing it up. I rubbed the scrub vigorously onto my face, listening to Lauren's whines from behind the bedroom door.

"Please open up? You can't run away from me forever Ava."

On and on she went. She'd occasionally pause to catch her breath before continuing, getting more and more frustrated when I refused to respond.

"I don't get you. You're so stubborn."

"Why does it even matter to you?"

"You need to hike up your big girl panties, stop being such a bitch, and get over it kay?"

That did it. Wiping off my face with a nearby washcloth I stormed to the door, whipping it open as she was in mid sentence.

"WHAT IS THIS TO YOU A JOKE?! FOR YOU TO EVEN FEEL LIKE WHAT YOU DID WAS OKAY SHOWS THE KIND OF PERSON YOU ARE LAUREN. ESPECIALLY AFTER ALL THAT WE'VE TALKED ABOUT. YOU KNOW HOW I FEEL ABOUT HARRY AND YOU BLEW IT UP IN MY FACE WITHOUT A SECOND THOUGHT. ARE YOU FUCKING BLIND OR SOMETHING?! IF YOU THOUGHT EVEN FOR A SECOND THAT WHAT YOU DID WAS OKAY, YOU NEED TO CHECK YOURSELF AND GET BACK TO ME WITH WHAT YOU COME UP WITH. YOU CALL YOURSELF A BESTFRIEND?! I WOULDN'T EVEN CALL YOU A FRIEND NOW BITCH."

And with that, I slammed the door in her face, tears filling my eyes. I slid my back down the door and sat on the floor, bringing my knees to my chest and burying my head in them. Sobs escaped my mouth, trying my best to hold them in. Tears pouring down my face and onto yesterday's leggings covering my legs. Thank god I had already washed off last nights make up. I finally gathered enough strength to stand up and walk to my closet, my whole body feeling weak from the force given in my cries. I slowly took off the old clothing, leaving me half naked and trembling. Opening the drawers I pulled out a pair of nike pros, sports bra, and an old Cheer Athletics sweatshirt from when I did competitive cheer for Top Gun. Pulling socks over my feet, I put my hair up in a messy loose bun, not even checking to see what it looked like. To be honest, I didn't care. Not anymore. Grabbing my phone I looked through my peep hole in the door before stepping outside, just to make sure no one was there waiting for me. I made my way out the hallway and down the stairs quietly, making sure I didn't draw attention to myself. As I stepped off the last stair I looked around the room. No one in sight. I gained suspicion as I walked around the house, checking every room for anyone. But I found no one. Sighing in defeat, my stomach grumbled. I just realized how hungry I was. As I opened the door to the kitchen I was faced with eleven pairs of eyes. The chatter stopped as I made my entrance. Their stares piercing me as I walked to the fridge pulling out a banana. Had they heard what I said to Lauren? Actually, how could they not have? I yelled at the top of my lungs at her. I glanced over at them. Louis, Niall, Harry, and Liam sitting at the bar, Zayn and Lauren on the other side of the counter facing them. All of them silent. I stopped my eyes on Harry for a moment, quickly taking them off as my heart shattered all over again. Liam opened his mouth, about to say something but I stopped him by fast walking out of the room. I decided to go somewhere would no one would think of me being, figuring one of them would try and come talk to me. So I went to the only place I could think of. Scampering out the back door I stumbled down the hill and to the little pond that sat behind the flat. I looked around for a tree, spying one and skipping over to it's base. Putting my phone in my sweatshirt pocket and gripping the banana in my mouth, I grabbed a branch in each hand hoisting myself up. Wrapping my legs around the trunk and moving farther up the tree as if I was climbing a rope. Finally satisfied at the height I was at I sat on a large branch, resting my back on the trunk and dangling my legs on either side of the branch. I looked down to see I was at least 20 feet off the ground. My body tensed, instantly being filled with fear. I wasn't the most graceful person and one wrong move could send me tumbling to the ground. Choking down my whimpers I took a deep breath, closing my eyes and resting my head on the trunk. The different chirps and calls of animals was soothing and relaxing, making it hard to stay awake. It was about thirty minutes later when I heard the back door close. Opening my eyes I slowly looked around, not wanting to create a ruckus and give myself away.