Chapter 18

I laid still and relaxed in the bathtub, watching as blood from my arm oozed slowly from the cuts.

My ears rang, the room dead silent. It seems all noise from downstairs had stopped too. I held up my razor, looking curiously at the red stained blades.

I had always cut. Ever since my parents split everything had gone downhill. Besides Lauren I had no friends. I left school in the ninth grade, hoping it would've been better after leaving the disastrous middle school years behind. But in reality everything got worse. I went to homeschooling as the torture continued. Everyone ignored me, always left without a partner leaving the teacher to forcefully pair another student with me who rolled their eyes at me and blatantly left me alone. I sat by myself at lunch and walked to class alone arms folded on my chest. Everything was too much.

Thats when I found Lauren. Well, Lauren found me I should say. She took me in under her wing, even got me to stop my habits for a while. But not long as things went bad again when she was out of school for a month when she got a concussion.

This is also the reason I think I grew to love the boys so much in the past few weeks. I had finally felt like I had people. A family. But now look where I am.

I peeled my eyes open, not realizing they had been closed. I peered down at the small puddle of blood my wrist had left me lying in. Stripping off my clothes I started a shower, letting the warm water rinse the fresh blood off my cuts. The water turning red as it washed the blood off the bottom of the tub.

Turning off the tap I stepped out, wrapping myself in a towel and slowly walking into my room. I slipped on a tank top and jacket to cover my pink arms, and pulling on running shorts.

I climbed in bed, hugging the covers and staring up at the ceiling. Tears overcame my eyes once again, remembering the incident with Louis.
His words played in my head like a broken record.

He wanted me gone. I don't know why this hurt me so much as Im used to people not wanting me around. But it was Louis. Someone I had come to know as an idol, my hero, my brother. And it pained me more than anything in the world. I pulled my boot out from the comforter, twisting it around to gaze at Louis' name written in his sloppy penship. Salty tears wetting my cheeks. I forced my eyes closed, easing myself from the pain I'm causing myself.

And I slept.

So I have you guys a little insider on Ava's past, more to come!

kenzie xoxoxo