Chapter 45

Ashton opened the door to his car, only to be yanked back in to face me. "Whaaaat," he breathily whined, obviously annoyed by my uptightness. 

"I'm not going in there." I huffed, adding in a sarcastic laugh. If he actually thinks I'd go to this party, he was more fucked up in the mind than I thought he was. 

"Come on," he huffed back, slouching down in his seat. "Give me one good reason we shouldn't go."

I laughed again, actually laughed. "I can give you three," I said facing him directly, "One, it's almost ten o'clock, two, I have no idea who's party this is, and three, you're the one taking me."

He paused for a moment, stroking his chin sarcastically before sitting back up and reaching for the door, "Not good enough. Let's go." He got out of the car before I could grab him, quickly walking towards the house.

"Fine," I shouted, though I'm sure he couldn't hear me from inside the car, "i'll just stay here." I crossed my arms over my chest, rolling my eyes at the whole situation. I should've just left with my mom. But here I am, sitting in a hot car, parked in front of a frat house, in the middle of no where. 5 minutes passed and the idea of just starting the car and leaving entered my mind. I immediately searched the car for the keys, opening the middle console and climbing into the back seat. Surely, as ditsy as Ashton is he probably left his keys sitting in here. Now laying across the back seat, I searched the floor, picking up scraps of trash and tossing them over my shoulder. I reached under the seat, blindly feeling around until  I reached something small and soft. Curious, I grabbed it, pulling back my hand and examining the cloth. I screeched, flinging it to the floor. It was a lace thong. 

I groaned, shaking my hands disgusted. "He would.." I mumbled annoyed and climbing back into the front seat. It had been ten minutes since Ashton left me in here and I began to feel defeated. I'll just go in there and demand he take me home I thought to myself reaching for the car door. I stepped out of the car and into the cool night air, the breeze immediately hitting me and giving me chills. I wrapped my thin gray cardigan around my body, instantly regretting wearing only a tank top beneath it.

Despite the peaceful appearance of the night, loud obnoxious music echoed through the air, only making the idea of actually going inside the house seem worse. "I'm just getting Ashton and leaving.." I said to myself as I approached the door. I rose my hand to knock but paused before making contact with the door. It was a party, you don't knock. Especially not at a frat party which this obviously was. But why was Ashton at a frat party when we were still in high school? I'd ask him about that later.

The stench of pure alcohol filled my senses as soon as I stepped foot inside. My hand immediately went to my nose, blocking the fowl smell out. Hesitantly stepping farther into the house, I looked around. To my surprise, it wasn't too crowded, about 30 people scattered around I guessed. This won't be to bad, I thought to myself, walking through what I guessed was used as a living room. No one seemed to pay attention to me, assuming I was just another party go-er.  As I walked through, I noticed the lack of clothing on people. Most of the guys were shirtless, and girls only in skimpy see through shirts and shorts. I awkwardly stepped over a couple on the floor, a girl was sitting on the lap of a sketchy looking guy, obviously groping him and making me more uncomfortable as I continued to move. Who were these people? I heard the girl scoff behind me as I accidentally nudged her leg with my heel.

"Sorry," I mumbled, walking faster than before. I wasn't in the mood to get in a fight with a drunken, half-naked girl. I had been in the house for about five minutes now and hadn't seen a trace of Ashton. The place was a lot bigger than it seemed on the outside and I began to grow frustrated in his absence. I contemplated asking around if anyone had seen him, but it seemed that the people here weren't the friendliest. Surely they wouldn't have sympathy for what looked like a whiny girl trying to find a boy. But I was growing desperate and it was only getting later. I entered the kitchen, the backs and sides of what looked like three or four guys facing me. I sighed, giving in and hesitantly walking over.