i.

Author's note: im so indecisive i dont even know im really sorry hahaha ALSO PLEASE CHECK OUT THE NEW TRAILER :D YAYAYAY This is the explicit trailer :) The other trailer will be linked to the next chapter

Posted: 14th August 2015
***

"Katy! Katy, get down here!"  I heard my gran call from downstairs. I looked up from my kindle and waited a few seconds. I hoped ignoring her long enough that she'd go away but to my dismay, she started counting down. I groaned and threw the blankets off of me before I got up from my wonderful position.

"Coming!" I announced so she knew and wouldn't try to call me again. I made a grab for my phone and earphones before I hurried down the stairs. If it was one of her uptight, snotty, teen wannabe friends then I was not interested in meeting her. "Yes?" My eyes traveled from my gran in a ridiculous floral jumpsuit to her boyfriend in the same fashion. I bit my lip to stifle my laughter. I hated her boyfriend.

He was half her age for goodness sakes, old enough to be my father and young enough to be her son and yet... They screw each other every night and snog every day. Not a pretty sight. My eyes landed on a guy in a suit and tie, sunglasses covered his eyes. I stared at him, he was attractive for sure. He had his hair all gelled up and he had a mole on his cheek. His manner of speaking was formal which meant it was about business with my gran.

"There you are, darling!" She faked a smile and motioned me over as if I was a scared 6 year old when in fact I am a scared 17 year old. There was a huge difference. I stared at the guy, if this is business and she was calling me over... Did that mean she was selling me away? Maybe boarding school? I wouldn't have put it past her if she was trading me off as a business deal collateral.  I had no idea why she was calling me over.

"Thomas, this is my grand daughter Kathelyn Thompson. Katy, this Thomas, you're new chauffeur" my gran introduced. Thomas stood up briskly and held out a hand which I took reluctantly. His grip was firm and warm and I liked the touch of his hands but I didn't utter a word as he pulled his hand away and offered his seat to me. He was a gentleman, I'll give him that.

He removed his sunglasses and tucked them away giving me a view of how he actually looked. The pinch of his eyebrows made him look old and serious but the ghost of a smile that played on his lips implemented otherwise. The telephone from the other room rung and my gran sprung up along with her boyfriend in tow, leaving Thomas and I alone. Great, that meant I had to interact and say something. What do I even say?

"How old are you?" I asked, hoping I seemed confident. God knows I'm not but it's nice to pretend sometimes- actually, scratch that. If I could pull off being popular and confident in school, why couldn't I do it here?

"I'm 20, ma'am" he said formally and I frowned at what he called me. He was older than me by a couple of years and he was calling me ma'am. I knew it was part of his job but I still didn't feel comfortable about it and he looked a lot younger than his age. He looked more like my age but it was in the same range so it must be fine.

I nodded and racked up my brain for something else to say but I was all out. Plus, I didn't want him to think I was too nosy so I just sat there awkwardly, looking at anything but him. What is taking that phone call so long?

I heard Thomas mutter something but I didn't catch it.

"Sorry?"

He shook his head, "I was just thinking how beautiful you actually are..." He trailed off. I looked up at him to see if he was serious as the heat crawled up my face.

"I- Er... Thanks" I stammered before giving him a small smile. Awkward, why am I so awkward? "When do you start?" I asked, finally a topic. That awkward silence was suffocating.

"I start whenever you want to go somewhere, although I have day-offs on Sunday's" he shrugged. My gran came back just as he said so and handed Thomas the keys to the car, cueing both of our dismissals.

"Well, I'm going to the drama practice for our school tomorrow so maybe you could pick me up at 5?" I said, doing everything I can to sound nice and polite. I didn't want to be the snotty, bossy kind of boss since that's what I am now... Kind of. He nodded and sent me a small smile, I couldn't help but smile back before I climbed the stairs back to my sanctuary.