XLII.

Author's Note: I AM OFFICIALLY DONE WRITING THE FINAL CHAPTERS OF THE CHAUFFEUR!! Important note: if you don't plan on reading the sequel, I advise you don't read the epilogue aka chapter 50

The Sequel to The Chauffeur is called The Businessman I'm sorry I have no originality or creativity Hahahaha anyways, I'll upload the trailer and publish it after I write at least 5 chapters so that might take some time!

Thank you again guys for voting and commenting and reading! I love you guys so much and I know Thomas does too ;)

*

"Why is it even called a ball? Are we dancing inside the ball? Of course not!" I rambled as Lil dragged me to the hundredth store in this mall. We were looking for dresses for the Christmas ball and I did not want to go, especially not this year. The mere thought of announcing the partnership of Sangster Corp. and Diamond Bank in front of hundreds of business people shook me to the core. I kept on going through the papers in the portfolio to make sure there were no mistakes, I was nervous and anxious and terrified of the Annual Christmas ball. Mandy raced in front of us as Lil literally dragged me by the wrist, Nathan and Thomas lagged behind us; probably talking about football or whatever else guys talked about.

Thomas and I were still hiding our relationship, but Nathan knew. We trusted him and he seemed to have understood what was happening. As for Mandy, she never mentioned the topic of Thomas and I but I had a feeling she really wanted too. When I told them everything, she merely nodded and gave me a reassuring smile which didn't seem reassuring to me since I felt bad about. But did I regret it? No. I didn't. Although I did regret Mandy having feelings for Thomas.

"This wouldn't be so hard if you just picked a dress, Katy" Mandy laughed before bringing out a blue dress that instantly disliked. I sat down on the round seat and the lads took a seat beside me. Though the three of us were watching Mandy and Lil bring dresses out and hang them on their arms, I felt Thomas' hand nudge mine before he enveloped my hand in his. I smiled but I kept my eyes on the girls. I saw him turn to me from my peripheral vision but I didn't look at him as I fought the silly smile on my face.

"Take a picture, it would last longer" I joked, still not being able to face him as I felt his stare on me. He chuckled and brought out his phone and  I turned to him in surprise. "That was a joke" I said in disbelief before I chuckled.

"Yeah, but I need more" he said before he snapped a picture of me, without even telling me, and winked. "I just can't get enough of you" he teased and I rolled my eyes at him. I turned back to the front and watched the girls argue which colour would fit my skin colour in my attempt to hide the smile on my face. Apparently, the girls already had their dresses 2 months ago- why? I don't know. I don't understand their logic. Finally, they decided to let me try on some dresses by shoving the dresses in my face. I have great friends.

The first dress I tried on was a blue beach-like dress, then a pink frilly dress, then a brown cocktail dress; all which I hated and they disapproved. The next dress I got, I actually liked. It was a red tight dress that ended mid-thigh, it had long sleeves but more than a little cleavage than usual showed. I stared at myself and cocked my head to the side, I could wear black lace leggings and white stilletos.

"Hey! Are you still alive in there?" Mandy hollered and I laughed aloud at her loudness. I bit my lip, debating whether or not I would get this dress when I got out to show them. Suddenly, there was a knock on the door and I jumped.

"Katy? You alright in there?" Thomas asked worriedly and my heart fluttered before I unlocked the door and let him in. He locked the door behind me and turned to me, letting his brows shoot up and his jaw fall agape. I bit my lip nervously, he didn't like it did he? Well, there goes the idea of getting it for Christmas Ball.