XLV.

Author's Note: Double Update and dedication goes to Beth784! Happy Birthday love :)

***

The laughter in our table ceased immediately when a random girl sat beside Thomas and batted her eyelash. We had empty seats since Nathan and Lil were out in the veranda. My eyes were set on the girl beside Thomas though, she was wearing a white, cocktail dress with a long slit going down her cleavage which she bent down towards Thomas. Jealousy burned in my chest but I said nothing, she wasn't doing anything wrong. Yet.

"Hi, you're the Thomas Sangster, right?" she asked as she batted her eyelashes at Thomas. I bit my lip and felt my hands curl to fists. Thomas nodded awkwardly. "Do you maybe want to show where the balcony is?" she flirted and I interrupted, not being able to help myself.

"Sorry but he's a tad bit busy right now" I smiled sweetly. Her eyes shifted to me and her smile turned to a sneer.

"And who are you again?" she snorted. Mandy's chair squeaked against the floor as she stood up abruptly as she stood threateningly against the anonymous girl. Liam stood up as well but he wrapped his arm around Mandy, holding her back.

"She's the Kathelyn Thompson. Who are you?" Mandy sneered and I felt touched that she was defending me with the fiery personality that only Mandy had. The girl merely cocked her brow at Mandy before turning back to Thomas as if Mandy hadn't spoken. Mandy narrowed her eyes at her but Liam pulled her back and forced her to sit down.

"I'm Kathelyn Thompson, his girlfriend" I decided to answer. Thomas reached for my hand and tangled our fingers together, bringing it up and leaning towards me, pressing a long, soft kiss on my lips. I couldn't help but snicker into the kiss- I had to admit, this was pretty mean but I didn't regret it with the way she was treating us like crap.

"She's mine and I'm all hers. Nothing you say would ever change that" Thomas stated arrogantly and I internally cheered. The girl's eyes shifted to me with a disappointed sag on her shoulders.

"But I thought you were only together because of the partnership" she frowned. Mandy smiled sweetly at her before waving a goodbye. The girl rolled her eyes as she huffed and stomped away from the table. We all burst out laughing and I sent a grateful look towards Mandy. She winked at me as she brought the wine glass up to her lips. Nathan and Lil came back and took their rightful seats.

"Hey, did we miss anything?" Nathan panted. Thomas and I shared a knowing look, knowing Lil and Nathan had a good reason to be sweaty and panting and knowing that we would've done the same if we hadn't already did it earlier this evening.

"You missed the best part about this ball" Mandy rolled her eyes. After a long conversation, Thomas decided it was time to dance. In all honesty, I was bloody exhausted from the anxiety of talking in front of people, which actually went well, and from laughing until my stomach hurt with my friends. I rested my hand on Thomas' shoulder and the other on his hand as we waltzed to the Christmas songs playing.

"You know I meant it right?" he asked after a few moment of just dancing in silence, taking in my perfect Christmas. I looked up to him confused. She's mine and I'm all hers. Nothing you say would ever change that.

I bit my lip and nodded before bursting out in a fit of giggles, going through every memory I had with Thomas.

"Remember your horrible Brodie puns?" I brought up and he closed his eyes, embarrassed with the memory as I continued laughing at his reaction. "And the time you fell of the chair in that library?" I laughed harder and eventually, Thomas started laughing too.

"Yeah? Well how about the time you mentioned kinky car sex when Mandy pissed me off?" he countered and I felt the heat crawl up my cheeks in embarrassment. We both burst out laughing but immediately muffled our mouth from how loud we were. "I still remember your reaction when we asked about the church from the Scottish woman" he laughed and I stuck my tongue out at him, reminiscing the memories of Thomas and I.