XLVI.

One of the things I loved about Thomas was that he knew which home I meant when I said home as he pulled up in front of his building. I was actually a bit anxious for Thomas to get his gift since it probably wouldn't mean much to him but it meant everything to me. Then again, he didn't know that. I leaned into his arms as we walked, the cold weather pricked cruelly at my skin even if we only had to walk a few meters before we got into the warm lobby.

"You alright, love?" Thomas noticed, pinching his brows together. I glanced up and smiled before looking back down. As I thought of it, I realized how pathetic I must've been. I scrambled my thoughts for an alternative gift to Thomas; I was a horrible girlfri- Actually...

"You know, I just realized. We aren't officially together" I wondered aloud. I went through every memory I had but I never recalled a day that Thomas asked me to be his girlfriend. I cringed at the thought; Yuck. Thank God, he didn't. It would've been so weird.

"We are officially together. Not by that lame 'girlfriend-boyfriend' thing, unless you want to?" he questioned and I immediately shook my head.

"I'd rather go under 'Miss Thompson and the Sangster Gangster'" I waved my hand for effect and we both burst out laughing as we entered his flat. Thank God for elevators or I would've died in these heels eons ago. His laughter faded and he stared at me with a ghost of a smile playing on his face. Without a warning, he scooped down and carried me up, causing me to shriek.

"Thomas! Bloody hell, put me down" I exclaimed in shock. He grinned at me.

"God, I love you" he whispered more to himself than to me. My heart fluttered as I felt the heat crawl up my cheeks.

"I love you too, now stop being a dork and put me down" I chuckled. I didn't want to seem like those three words affected me more than they should have because they really did. He stared at me, seemingly having an inner debate before shaking his head. He twirled me around and I let out a fit of laughter and, dare I say it- squeals. "Thomas! Put me down!" I whined but immediately burst out laughing as his fingers dug into my sides, even whilst he was carrying me. How he managed to multitask with a girl like me in his arms astounded me.

"No-no-no. You called me dork" he teased and I chuckled. He finally stopped twirling me around and tickling me as he stared at me, panting. I beamed at him before I brought my head up to the side of his face and kissed the base of his neck, leading up to his jawline and to the side of his lips. He turned his face but I pulled away with a smirk.

"Are you going to put me down or not?" I teased and he chuckled.

*

"Merry Christmas, Mallow!" I greeted, I was really going to greet her earlier if Thomas hadn't spun me around so much. I got her a bad-ass looking collar but it was at home- speaking of which, I needed to get back but no, I was trapped in Thomas' arms as he watched To Write Love on Her Arms. It was a beautiful movie, it starred a true to life Bipolar girl who got into drug abuse and self-harming too.

"I need to get home, Sangster" I mused but his eyes were on the telly. I turned to the screen and covered my ears and buried my face into the crook of Thomas' neck at the scene I hated the most.

"No. Stay. It's Christmas, you can't leave me all alone here" he pouted awhile after and I chuckled, standing up in front of the couch.

"I need to get out of this dress before I rip it to shreds" I motioned to the thin, delicate clothe. Thomas sat up with a smirk and played with the opening of the slit before tearing it open, up to my chest. Only a few inches stayed to keep the dress on me and I gasped.

"The whole point of giving you this dress is so I can rip it apart for... reasons" Thomas licked his lip and I burst out laughing. Only Thomas would get me a dress especially made for being ripped apart later on. He stood up and ripped the remaining inches away and I let the dress- or what was left of it, slide of my shoulders.

"I very much liked that dress, thank you for asking" I teased, I was left in only underwear but I didn't mind, not anymore I didn't. "Wait- before anything else, I'm about to give you the shittiest gift a Miss Thompson could have possibly gotten you" I held up a finger and scrambled for my clutch.

I took the box and handed it to him. He covered me up with a wool blanket before opening the box.

"It was my father's; and his mother's; and his and so and so forth..." I trailed off. "Mum always said it was a family tradition to pass on that gold chain necklace to that special person in life. I know it sounds stupid..." I chuckled nervously. I really should've gotten a better gift.

"I-I, I don't deserve this Katy" he frowned with a bewildered expression on his face. "This is a special family heirloom, no matter how simple it looks. This means something in your family and you're giving it to me?" he asked in disbelief. I gave him a half-smile.

"I didn't really mean much to my family until you came along so..." I spoke bitterly but I still had a smile on. He frowned and put the box down, ushering me to his arms. I scooted over to him on the small couch and let his arms envelop my figure.

"You mean everything to you family and your friends and-and, to me. God, you're everything to me. I don't want you to think otherwise" he said sternly before kissing the top of my head. I let out a sigh.

"It's like everything that comes out of your mouth is either cheesy or dorky" I joked and he chuckled. His phone blared, making us jump. He held up a finger before he left for the bedroom where he left his phone.

"Sh.it!" he swore loudly just as the front door creaked open. A woman who looked just like Thomas with longer hair stepped in and her brows shot up as her eyes landed on me. I realized I was still in my underwear so I scrambled for the duvet.

"This is not what it looks like I swear!" I held up my hands in surrender as I covered up. Thomas came rushing in, shirtless just the way he was awhile back and it only made the situation worse. The woman burst out laughing, waving us off and walked towards the kitchen carelessly.

"Well, Er- Katy, this is my sister Ava. Ava, this is my Miss Thompson, Katy" he introduced awkwardly. Ava came back to the living room so I offered my hand but instead of taking it, she took me in for a hug. Wow. Okay then. It was really awkward for me considering how I was only using a duvet to cover up.

"Bloody great to finally meet you! Thomas wouldn't shut up about you on the phone- Aye! Merry Christmas" she greeted loudly and I noted that swearing and being loud ran in their family. I chuckled lightly as we pulled away. I turned to Thomas who had a tint of red on his cheeks and I couldn't help but snicker. "Don't worry, Tom. I only came here to drop the gifts. You two could go back to whatever the hell you were doing before I arrive after the gifts" she winked at me and I blushed.

"It really wasn't-"

"Tommo! Catch, this is for both of you" she tossed a box and I eyes the container of condoms before I burst out laughing. Ava was interesting, I'd give her that. She handed us our individual, wrapped presents before hugging us goodbye. "Check the note on the box!" she bid before she left and we did.

'I dare you to finish this before New Year. You can do it ;) P.S. You can do it in the car since Tom was your chauffeur and all -Love, Ava'

It really didn't help that it was a very large box of condoms. I doubled over in laughter, what a great first impression she left on me; I love her already. Thomas stared agape at the box and that only made the condition funnier. Suddenly, Thomas looked up at me with a mischievous glint in his eyes.

"We should probably get started"

g, p_