xviii.

Author's Note: It's a Wednesday! Guess what that means! Hahaha neverm- UPDATE DAY hahahahaha

Enjoy

***

I wrote my name on the logbook before I turned to the beautiful library. My eyes scanned my surroundings, my eyes widened when I saw Mandy talking to a figure I couldn't see from my angle. Oh god please don't tell me this is where their date would be?

I walked back to the logbook and saw Mandy Simone and Thomas Sangster entered in Thomas' familiar writing. I sighed defeated before looking back at them. Mandy was talking animatedly with a wide grin on her face and I realized how selfish I was. My best friend was happy and I was here trying to ruin that for her. Thomas wasn't even mine to keep. I closed my eyes and took a deep breathe, deciding to just go to the second floor of the library that looked down on the 1st floor but it was alright. As long as I didn't look down.

Thankfully the stairs were on the other side of Mandy so I proceeded, taking in mind that I should mind my own business. It was their date anyways. What pissed me off was that Thomas knew I would be in the library and he brought Mandy here too? Was he rubbing it in my face that he had a date with Mandy?

I shut these thoughts off and just looked through books, my mind still on the two downstairs. One peek. That's all.

I tried to focus on the book I chose, not even knowing what it was but it was useless. One peek wouldn't hurt anyone.

I sighed and glanced at the balcony railing. As long as they don't see me. I crept up to the railing, already being able to hear them as they were leaning on the bookshelf facing my area.

"Why'd we come to the library anyways? It's so boring here" I heard Mandy, I couldn't help but roll my eyes at her. I heard Thomas' deep chuckle and I stopped moving for a moment from the butterflies before I snapped out of whatever daze I got into. What the hell was that for?

I looked down the railing and saw Thomas leaning on the bookshelf with his arms crossed. I tried not to stare but his biceps were bulging and it didn't help that he folded his sleeves. Damn it, focus Katy. I looked down at Mandy who put her hands on Thomas' chest, I frowned remembering when I did that.

I was about to pull away but Thomas' eyes flicked towards me and his eyes widened before he moved away from Mandy. My eyes widened and I stumbled away from the railing. This was why I shouldn't listen to the voices in my head.

"I'm sure you like Erotica books, they're in Section G: fiction. You could go check it out" I heard him say a little rushed. There was silence before I heard Mandy chirp happily. I could already tell that Thomas was coming up. I looked around and saw just a bunch of bookshelves so I go behind and pretended not to know or care, to be focused on finding the right book.

I found it amusing how I was in the psychology section. I looked through the books, looking for a book that related to mental illnesses when I saw a figure sift through the bookshelf I was busy with. I decided to ignore that person, knowing it was Thomas who busied himself in finding a book too. I could see him coming closer and closer to me, pulling out a book every once in awhile. I panicked and casually walked down the isle of bookshelves. I heard him chuckle lowly as I left.

I saw him walking down on the other side of the aisle of bookshelves I was in and let out a snort when he made different goofy faces every bookshelf we pass by. I saw the last bookshelf and decided to just sift through books on that shelf. I saw him reciprocate and we were back where we started. This time we were in the literature section with Shakespeare, Greek Mythology, etc. He pulled out a book and opened it.