xi.

Author's note: GUESS WHOS GOING TO DOUBLE UPDATE. The 12th chapter is going to kill you I'm not even joking here. Writing that chapter killed me.

Please vote or comment 😭 I really wrote those chapters during every free second I have which isn't much trust me.

Hope you enjoy the two chapters I will be posting!
***

"I'm paying for them" I volunteered before he could say anything. We were on our way to the vet to get Mallow cleaned and to get his shots so he would be safe and clean when he gets to Thomas' flat or house or wherever he lives. Does that mean I'll be able to finally see here Thomas lives?

"What? Like hell you will, you need food money and fashion money- or whatever you girls call it" he waved off, chuckling. I raised my brow at him with an amused smile. I can't help it, he was too cute. Fashion Money? Really? I shut these thoughts off. I gave him a skeptical look, "He's our dog. Not just yours, love. And just because you're rich doesn't mean you get to spend it all on him" I attempted to ignore how my heart jumped at the words 'our' and 'love'. We had different accents, that's for sure; but his sounds so much better. Although I felt a stab of pain at his last comment, I ignored it.

"I don't need the money and he's already living with you-"

"Wait- what do you mean you don't need it?" he interrupted me. I looked at him confused, rewinding what I had said before a little realization washed over me. I gave him an innocent smile hoping he wasn't talking about what I think he is talking about.

"You're not eating are you" he said in a small, defeated sigh. My heart drops and I immediately felt guilty for lying to Thomas. His disappointment made me feel horrible, he counted on me and I let him down. I could handle this from my gran or Lily or even Jordan, but I can't when it comes to Thomas. I bit my lip and looked down. I couldn't even bother to lie to him to make him feel better. I looked up to see him biting his lip before his hand eventually came up and he played with his lips like he does when he thinks.

His traits whenever he thinks always revolve around his lips. I gulped and looked out the window. It's quiet for a few seconds, not even Mallow made a sound from the back seat. I felt his warm hand hold unto mine and I immediately turned to him.

"How about we talk about something else, like how I'm going to pay for the shots and cleaning" he said, I barely heard him actually. My attention was focused on our hands. Although our fingers weren't entwined, I still wasn't used to... how do I say this- affection? I cleared my throat and focused on the conversation.

"How about we half it?" I suggested instead. He nodded with a look that said 'Why-didn't-I-think-of-that' before I chuckled at him. As we approached the animal clinic, I noticed that Lily and Nathan were walking towards the clinic with a bird cage in Nathan's hands. Thomas followed my eye sight and immediately retracts his hand from mine. Although I knew the rules of other people not supposed to see us the way we usually are, I still felt a mild stab in my chest but I shrugged it off.

He left the car and I looked down, only snapping out my trance when he opened the door for me. I kept my eyes down after giving him a brief smile; why am I overthinking this? Again, I do not have feelings for Thomas. I'm just not used to so much physical contact or affection, much less a combination of it. We walk to the animal clinic, Thomas being the leader of Mallow since we haven't bought a leash just yet. I walked a little bit faster, praying and hoping we'd enter the clinic before Lily and Nathan spotted me but of course, it was already too late.

"Katy! Hey babes" she greeted and I turned around with a grin.

"Hey guys, what brings you here?" I asked, no matter how obvious it was. Nathan lifted up the bird cage with a green and yellow parrot inside. His eyes shifted to Thomas who waited beside me, I could tell he didn't want to spend another second longer talking about the weather or whatever.

"He your boyfriend, Katy?" He motioned to Thomas. I think back to what happened earlier and was tempted to say yes, instead I shook my head.

"Name's Nathan, you?" He held out a hand and I'm glad he was friendlier than Jordan for the first meeting.

"Thomas" he shook his hand before letting go. We proceeded to enter the clinic as a group, Thomas was sending me weird looks that I couldn't decipher. Thomas stayed quiet, preoccupying himself with Mallow whilst I looked around awkwardly, waiting for our names to be called. The fact that we had to act formal with other people around annoyed me.

"Kathelyn and Thomas Sangster"

It took me a second to realize our names were called, Lily and Nathan looked at us weirdly but I ignored them. The receptionist made us look like a couple. Thomas and I shared a look before following the lady into the room.

"Ahh! So refreshing to see a new couple add a new member" the doctor cheered with a clap. I looked behind us to see who he was referring to before realizing he was referring to us.

"Umm- we aren't a couple" Thomas clarified awkwardly. I chuckled, amused by his reaction and how uncomfortable he looked.

"Well you should," the receptionist teased, her hair bouncing in its ponytail. "You kids look wonderful together and you should see the way he looks at you, little bird" she continued.

I glanced at Thomas who avoided my eyes and laughed it off. "So, umm the shots?"

*
"Don't forget to bring the receipts when you come for his next shot, observe and check on him constantly. I'll see Mallow next month" the vet said whilst we handed our combined money to the receptionist who happens to also be the cashier.

"I bet 20 pounds they'll be together by that time" she muttered to the vet, which we both heard.

"Hmm... I bet 35" he responded just as low. These two are horrible at whispering, just like Thomas. I glanced at Thomas and stifled a laugh, he was trying hard not to smile too.

"I don't think they know how to whisper" Thomas said after we leave the clinic, in his hand were some toys, and feeds whilst I held the leash. I raised my eyebrow at him.

"You don't know how to whisper either, Thomas" I chuckled at him, he faked a gasp with his hand to his chest. His face changes into realization;

"Wait does that mean that you hear everything that I whisper?" He stopped walking and I looked around, thinking of what to say.

"Well, I would say everything then that means you know how to whisper sometimes" I chose my words carefully.

"What have you heard?" He pressed, he opened the door for Mallow and I decided to join her. He looks confused for a moment before shrugging.

"'Do you really want me to stop Katy?' "I attempt to mimic his low voice and his accent causing him to laugh.

"Is that why you stayed at the back? Are you scared I'm going to do it again?" He turned to me and I bit my lip, unsure of what to say. His eyes glanced down at my lips for a second too long. I'm scared I won't stop you. I'm scared I'll enjoy it. I'm scared we'll get caught.

"You could say that" I laughed nervously, am I really that readable?

"Trust me, I've only just began" he didn't even bother to whisper anymore; his voice was loud but deep. Dangerously deep, I'm assuming had I stayed at the front seat, I would feel the vibration from how loud and deep it was.

I took a deep breath to calm myself, our eyes met through the rear view mirror and he smirked.