xiv.

Author's note: thank you so much guys for voting 💕 it means a lot to me when people take that second to vote so thank you

Also thank you for commenting sometimes and even following me so yeah, because of that- I'm doing a double update ❤️❤️ thank you again and I love you guys

my wifi got cut so I'm updating really early and or late hahahaha byee

***

"One bite won't hurt you" Thomas said before throwing a ball near Mallow. Mallow merely approached it with almost no excitement at all and nudged it with the tip of his nose. I chuckled whilst I played with the burger I played with in my hands. It was still warm and squishy. I couldn't even imagine this in my body, I shuddered when I try. "It's just one, that's all I ask for" he looked at me sincerely and I looked down at the paper wrapped burger.

I unwrapped it slowly, my insecurities, the voices screaming in my head. I don't need it. I don't want it. I glanced up to Thomas again before I closed my eyes and take a bite, it tasted good of course but it felt foreign to actually eat at this time of day. It was odd for me. He grinned at me and gave me a thumbs up before turning back to Mallow and walking to take the ball back. I smiled and looked down at the bitten burger, I'm totally normal. I could take this, I wasn't relapsing. I was fine.

I watched as Thomas teased Mallow with the ball and I laughed at his awkward and weird expressions on his face. When he was able to get Mallow excited for the ball, he threw it a little too far than I think he intended to. He made a face that said he threw it too hard but Mallow chased after it anyways. I laughed at him even as he approached the boulder.

"I was wondering, how did Mallow get here?" I asked as he took his burger and took a bite from it. I looked down on mine and parted the top bun, I took the pickled and placed it on the tissue beside my drink. I hated pickles, I never knew if it was sour or bitter and I liked neither.

"I dropped her off here before I came to get you, she knows the woods better than my flat" he chuckled and I raised my eyebrows in astonishment, "even if she did get lost, she has a collar now" he put his burger beside my thigh as I lifted my drink to take a sip from it. It was as if I saw it before it happened. Thomas lifted himself up a little too close to me, he accidentally hit my arm causing me to let go of my drink which explains why I shrieked with the ice cold drink on me.

"Oh God, I'm so sorry" he exclaimed, I quickly brushed off the ice cubes on me and held out my shirt so it wouldn't touch my skin. I shivered, it didn't help that the wind decided to blew hard and cold at that time. I heard Mallow barking as he comes running towards our impossible height. "Here" he grabs the tissue and tried to dab away my drenched shirt and pants. His eyes widen when he saw the pickles stick to my shirt, I looked down at my ice tea, pickled shirt then at his face before bursting out laughing. Despite the temperature, I continued laughing; the humour in the situation was my type of humour. It was as if we were on those comedic sitcoms but we didn't actually script this which made things funnier.

He joined my laughing, "Now we really have to bring you home" he said, still chuckling. I let my laughter fade but I still grinned.

"Gran will kill you and if I come home like this" I stated the truth. She'd be like what happened to you? You look disgusting! You are just like your mother- I decide not to hear her voice, she's not even here and she can still torture me.

"Hmm.. you're right, looks like you get to see where I live earlier than I planned" he winked and I looked at him confused. Earlier than planned?