xxvi.

"Greetings Humans" I greeted the group before I sat down on my usual space beside Jordan. He extended his fist and I bumped it with mine to start our handshake that we randomly came up with on the spot. We both shared an astonished look before we cheered loudly, earning stares and grins from other people in the cafeteria. We were used to it, we were the popular group after all and it's not really to brag but you really have to get used to it or you'll be uncomfortable the whole time. These are the times when I could act effortlessly and the anxiety wouldn't kick in, as long as I smile and laugh a lot. I scanned the cafeteria, seeing the familiar faces waving and smiling; I reciprocated but my smile dropped when I saw a hooded, unfamiliar guy glare at our direction.

I looked around us to see who else he could possibly be glaring at but he was undoubtedly glaring at us. I turned back to my friends as I felt the chills run down my spine, I heard them talking about AP Biology and how stuck up the new teacher was.

"Hey guys, who's the new kid over there?" I asked, not being able to help myself. I felt his stare drill holes at the back of my head when I motioned towards his table with my thumb. They tilted their heads to get a good look and frowned, probably seeing his glare as well before turning to me. Mandy shrugged before talking to Serena, head of the journalism club. They were always close and I had always suspected it's because Mandy always knew dirt about other people and Serena helped Mandy with the English writing projects.

"He seems pretty pissed at us, or whoever pissed him off" Nathan commented, his arm around Lily who nodded in agreement, leaning on his chest and playing with her food. I observed she was a lot quieter than usual, something was wrong and for Nathan to do the talking was pretty odd. Her eyes lifted up to connect with mine and she smiled reassuringly, I raised my brow at her to pose a question of 'what's wrong?'. She merely lifted her finger and poked at mid air, as if drawing a dot and I nodded understandingly. That was our unspoken sign of someone having their period, although we thought it was pretty obvious.

"Oi- Jordan! Come back here!" Nathan yelled out and I frowned, turning to Jordan to see he was in fact not there. I looked to where Nathan was pointing and I stared agape at Jordan who was talking to the hooded guy. I bit my lip and debated inside my head whether or not I should intervene in case Jordan was going to be destructive towards the guy, knowing Jordan, he'd take any chance to beat someone up and this deemed as the perfect chance. I stood up hesitantly, as if to prove my case, I heard someone shouting and looked up to see the hooded figure shouting at Jordan. Damn it, Jordan.

"Hey!" I yelled as I started jogging towards the pair who looked ready to punch each other in the face. Jordan's hands were balled into fists and so was the new guy, I drew closer to both of them and barely heard there threats through their gritted teeth. Guys have an obsession with starting a fight, especially Jordan. I squeezed my hands in between their chests and attempt to push them away from each other but they wouldn't budge. "Guys, this is a cafeteria, not a WWE championship" I joked loudly, still trying to push them farther apart but they ignored my presence.

"You just come up to me and start getting angry at me for no f.cking reason, mate" I heard the stranger say with a hint of a Scottish accent. Typical Jordan. I looked back at our table, hoping someone would take the initiative to help me with these testosterone filled boys. I sighed in relief when I see Nathan jogging over to us.

"I have a reason. I came to talk to you nicely and you started shouting like a little bit-" Jordan's voice rose louder and louder with each word until the stranger threw a punch, just as Nathan yelled at him to stop. Jordan fell to the ground and I threw a hand over my mouth to muffle my gasp, the stranger was fuming but Jordan stood up quickly and was about to throw a punch at him when I stepped in front of the figure. "Get out of the way, Katy" he growled through gritted teeth and his fist in the air.