ii.

THIS IS THE MORE IN-DEPT TRAILER FOR THE CHAUFFEUR, PLEASE GO AND CHECK IT OUT :)

***

Whenever I left my room, my mood shifts in a millisecond. Inside my room, I'm in my sanctuary where I don't have to pretend to be happy and I'm comfortable that way but outside, I feel like cutting my throat. Sad that I had to leave my sanctuary for days straight for 8 hours.

I didn't bother looking at the mirror after I finished lacing up my boots. The mirror was actually very hard not to look at considering it was four times my size on the wall but I searched for my bag to avert my attention. When I found it, I shoved a few books inside, including my favourite Greek Mythology reference book before quickly jogged down the stairs whilst I set up my earphones and music.

I am so thankful someone decided to invent the earphones, the perfect device to avoid any social interaction. Perfect for people like me considering I overthink every single detail of what I should do and say when I talk to people but thankfully, nobody has pointed out the fact that all I do is smile and laugh; not much with the talking. Whilst untangling my damned earphones, I felt my foot miss a step and the panic set in. I shrieked and braced myself for the fall but the impact took shorter and wasn't as hard as I expected considering that I fell unto someone instead. I let out a breath of relief. My eyes widened when I realized I was leaning on someone's chest and I panicked.

"I'm so sorry. I wasn't looking-" I started pushing myself off of Thomas who was in his suit and tie. I hoped I didn't push him too hard that he would think I didn't like him or something along those lines.

"It's quite alright, Miss Thompson" he smiled. I felt my heart jump a tad bit so I took a deep breath and forced a smile to him. I felt like my smile was too obvious and fake so I lessened it a tad bit before Thomas held out his hand. Was he referring to my hand or my bag or...? I stopped myself from smacking myself in the head when he decided to just gently get my bag from my shoulders. He turned around halfway and I assumed we were on our way already. Just imagine how awkward and humiliating it would be to have given him my hand- I felt something envelop my hand and my eyes widened at our holding hands.

My breath hitched. I prayed that my palm wasn't too sweaty or not sweaty at all, that would've been legitimately disgusting for him. He led me to the front door as I stared at the floor, temporarily shocked. I felt him squeeze my hand gently at what I assumed his way of reassuring me, making me look up and received a small smile from him. When we stepped out the door, he dropped his hand to his side before walking ahead to open the door. It still felt foreign to have a chauffeur so I just kept smile on my face.

*

"Why are you so quiet?" Thomas looked at me through the rear view mirror then back at the road. I stupidly looked at my sides, not even realizing what I was doing until it was too late. Thomas probably noticed as he chuckled, well- that's great then. I'm glad my confusion and stupidity amuses you. "You're so cute" he mumbled with another chuckle.

"I didn't know stupidity was cute" I muttered, hoping he didn't hear which was incredibly stupid considering that we were in an enclosed car with no music playing. Again, I'm stupid.

"You're not stupid, you just have social anxiety, right?" he said, making me look up to him in the rear view mirror. He glanced at me, what surprised me was the presence of seriousness in his eyes. I parted my lips to deny, how weird would it be that I wasn't used to socializing as the most popular girl in school. What a title to live up to.

"Of course not. I'm the best at socializing" I chuckled, I felt my finger twitch- a habit I have whenever I'm nervous about lying. Thomas raised his brow, unconvinced whilst I wringed my hands on my lap but kept a smile on my face.

"Want to hear a joke?" he decided to change the topic, thankfully. I nodded gratefully; "Did you hear about the lad whose whole left side got cut off? Well, he's all right now" It took me a second before I got it and I burst out laughing. I threw my hand over my mouth to shut myself up, it's been a long time since I laughed like that. Thomas grinned so I swallowed down my laughter and kept the ghost of my smile instead.

"Well, that was lame, wasn't it?" I snorted, waving my hand; causing Thomas to chuckle to himself.

"Alright, well do you have any better jokes? I bet you won't be able to resist mine" he challenged and I bit my lip to stop myself from grinning. I nodded, accepting the challenge and racked my brain for a pun.

"Well there was this one time, I was wondering why the baseball was growing bigger... then it hit me" I said, Thomas laughed aloud and I couldn't help but laugh as well. I cleared my throat, realizing how lame I was for laughing at my own joke so I just watched Thomas chuckle. His eyes were squinted with crinkles at the sides of his eyes. His dimples were very tempting to poke from my position at the backseat but I resisted.

"That was pretty good but I have a good one; did you hear about the guy who got hit in the head with a can of soda? He was lucky it was a soft drink" Thomas stated and I snort, remembering that he wasn't supposed to get a reaction from me. I bit my lip with a smile on my face. I stared at Thomas with a triumphant smile as glanced at the mirror and snapped his fingers today like Swiper from Dora that was a lame analogy. "You're good at this, that's not fair" he accused but I bit my lip harder so I wouldn't laugh at him. He stared at me for a few more seconds before grinning and nodding, signaling my turn to crack a joke.

"I'm reading a book about anti-gravity. It's impossible to put down" I dropped, doing my best not to burst out laughing. I have shallow humour, which explains why it's hard to find someone to share punny jokes with. Thank God for Thomas' humour too. Thomas chuckled and shook his head.

"I'd tell you a chemistry joke but I know I wouldn't get a reaction" he replied and I burst out laughing from the genuine humour in the pun. He grinned at me from the rear view mirror as I continued laughing at the backseat.

"H-Hey, that's not fair! I wasn't ready!" I accused, the fact that his joke fit the situation amused me to no end.

"I told you, you couldn't resist a Brodie Pun" he smirked and I made a face at him. The car slowed as we pulled over to the front of my school. I grabbed my bag and got out of the car, waving good bye to Thomas with a genuine smile outside of my room. "I'll pick you up again later, alright?" he said and I nodded, realizing how easy it was to talk to him inside the car. The car pulled out of the driveway and I turned around to put on my fake smile and cheerfulness; it was a lot easier now though and I suspected it was because of Thomas.

�@�gt(X