viii.

"So who's Jordan?" Thomas asked out of nowhere. I had been looking out the window as I thought about how to answer. Again, it was a simple answer that I always ended up overthinking about.

"He's a friend of mine...?" I said in an obvious tone, unsure of what to say. I turned to look at Thomas who looked concentrated on the road except with his tongue out. I noticed he does that when he was thinking too much, he had too much habits that involve his touching or licking his lips it was frustrating. He nodded to my reply and said no more for a few seconds.

"So how was school?" He asked nonchalantly, his tongue back in his mouth before he glanced at me with a smile then back at the road as if he wasn't just stressing over Jordan a few seconds ago. I shuddered at how much easier he sounded like my father. I was taken aback at his question since no one at home really cares to ask about me at all, it's a weird sensation to have someone actually want to know how your day was. Again overthinking.

"It was fine, I gained a new friend which is nice considering-" I cut myself off when I remembered the conversation that Lily and Mandy had this morning.

"Considering what?" Thomas asked, I observed him without answering. He wasn't wearing a tie today, he was wearing a regular polo with a blazer on top. The first couple of buttons were open a small area of his chest is exposed. I gulped and turned my eyes to his face instead, Mandy's words echoing in my head.

Imagine how good he is in bed, sex in the car is kinky.

"Why do you wear shades when there's barely any sun here in London?" I asked instead, an image of Thomas' hand sliding up my thigh flashed before my eyes and I took a deep breathe to calm myself down. What is wrong with me?

He shrugged, "I like wearing shades"

I bit my lip and reached over, gently taking the shades off of his face. They were round and they had thin frames that suited his face shape. I put the glasses over my face and pulled down the mirror, I chuckled seeing myself. I actually looked fine with it. I made wacky faces at the mirror, laughing at myself. I wasn't the prettiest of flowers but I'm not that wilted either, not when half of my face was covered with these glasses.

"Now you see why I like wearing shades" he chuckled before pulling over and gently took the shades away for my face, his fingers caressing the side of my face. I shivered whilst the glasses pulled away from my face. He grinned at me before getting out the car and making his way to my side of the car. I didn't move, still slightly surprised.

I'm snapped out of trance when Thomas opens the door. I stepped out and realized how fast the travel time was with my house in front of me, looking as lonely as ever.

"Thanks, Thomas" I smiled at him. He nodded in response, seemingly not being able to speak. His eyes flicked from me to my back so I turned around and found my gran and her boyfriend gardening. Well actually, more of in each other's faces on a small bed of flowers. I scowled before turning back to Thomas who looked sorry for me. I hate being pitied, there's a reason I don't act the way I feel; it's so I would be pitied by people. I don't need it.

"Eat something" he whispered as I passed by him. I turned to him but he was busy closing the door and taking care of whatever else needed for the car. I glanced at my gran then at Thomas before continuing to my room.

*
For the next couple of weeks, Thomas would come to get me from home earlier with breakfast ready. He had concluded himself that I hated eating and breathing with my gran's boyfriend around so he decided to just bring me to the clearing in the forest as long as I eat. I found it sweet how he would come earlier than needed to make sure I was eating. To make up for almost all the weight I had lost over the time Thomas wasn't here, I didn't eat at school nor at dinner.

"That is huge" Mandy pointed at my water bottle. I chuckled, thinking dirty.

"That's what she said" I commented and seeing Mandy's exasperated face, I burst out laughing along Lily and Jordan who were the only ones tuning into the conversation.

"I like this new Katy, she's funny" Lily commented, continuing to laugh. Mandy gave up and started laughing as well, both Jordan and Mandy agreeing with Lily.

"Remember when she would never join the conversation? All she'd do is smile and talk. Smile and talk. Smile and talk" Jordan waved off. That was exactly what I was doing now, what was the difference?

"I bet it's Jordan over here" Lily teased and I stopped laughing. I looked at her blankly to see if she was serious. "What? Dy, didn't you notice that ever since she started hanging out with Jordan, she started talking and being obnoxiously loud?" She fake glared at me. "Basically happier"

My eyebrows shot up, I started being obnoxiously loud ever since I hung out with Thomas.

"Are you guys dating?" Mandy had an incredulous smile on her face my eyes widened, Jordan and I shared a look simultaneously and shook our heads. They both waited a second before cheering.

"THEY ARE DATING! Jordan would usually be egotistical about these teasing but he's not saying anything so-" Lily was freaking out, thankfully Jordan put a hand over her mouth.

"We're not dating. Trust me" I said calmly. Mandy looked unconvinced but she shrugged and laughed at Lily instead who was trying to bite Jordan's hand. Even with the humorous scene playing in front of me, I couldn't help but think of what I said.

We aren't dating. I have someone else in mind.

***
Author's note: MY BABY'S IN SEOUL Korea COME TO THE PHILIPPINES BABE ❤️❤️ Thomas Sangster is so hot and perfect and I just can't even

Lmao I'm going to speed this shit up but here's a double update because I love you all

Peace out loves .xx

r