xxxviii. NOT FINAL

Author's Note: I decided to upload whilst I still have wifi! Hahaha so that means this is the update for Monday!

Also, we get to see the real side of Mandy as she was never the bad person in the story :) just wanted to point out no one is ever as they seem

Enjoy

***

'Don't pick me up' was all I sent to Thomas before I slammed my locker. I've thought over everything, every detail I've missed that screamed 'I'm a billionaire in disguise as a charity chauffeur!' The bell rang around the school and students pushed their way to the main door, most of them rushing to get a seat on the bus. I watched all of them push each other, some actually falling from the aggressiveness but I wouldn't blame them.

Around 3 buses in this area got into an accident this morning so the automobiles were short, people actually had to fight for a seat or walk home. I was doing the latter. There was no way I was going to face Thomas, not after he lied to me. He even had the audacity to ask why I was like this and about my parents when he already knew. What a sick joke. It was such a sadistic and cruel joke to play on someone; to know about their parent's death and even be involved in it and then have it repeated in another point of view? And for what? For the f.ucking fun of it that cruel bastard.

But that wasn't the only reason I was mad, I was mad because he had been lying about caring about me and actually telling me he loved me and I, the genius of the year, actually believed him. I was mad because there was a big, huge, confirmed possibility of my reciprocating my feelings for him and he bloody knew that. He was a jerk and a douchebag who I've decided, didn't deserve any of my time. I'd rather walk home in the rain than get in the car with him just so I could 'listen' to his explanation. Honestly, what was there to explain?

Aside from the fact that his drunken father killed both of mine and lived long enough to continue his corporation. It wasn't fair that he got to keep his father and I had to lose mine; I had to lose mine on my bloody birthday too. It was cruel to have gotten the news that my parents were dead instead of a 'Happy Birthday'.

"Are you okay, Katy?" Mandy asked with a concerned look on her face and I looked up, completely forgetting I was with them. I forced a smile on and nodded but she cocked a brow unconvinced. Did I mention I was also mad at myself for even bothering with Thomas when Mandy was obviously right here in front of me and even worried about me for Christ's sake. This was so screwed up.

"Mandy, what would you do if you found out about something bad and you didn't like it but it turns out it's been going on for quite a long time already, before you got into the picture?" I asked, hoping she was oblivious of the situation was I vaguely describing. She frowned in confusion before she gave me a half-smile as if it was the easiest question in the world.

"Easy. I'd let it go. It wasn't like I was the cause of it, was I? What are we talking about exactly?" she pondered and I sighed in relief. She really had no idea, but my relief was replaced with guilt. She really had no idea.

"I-It's nothing. You know we're best friends and I love you, right?" I asked, Mandy had grown to become my sister. And what was happening behind the scenes was just eating me up inside. She flipped her hair dramatically.

"Of course you love me" she joked before hugging me. "Kidding aside, I love you too Katy. Let me be honest with you..." she trailed off as she pulled away and we continued to walk towards our tree.

"The only reason I'm popular is because of you. Without you, I'm nothing. You're one of the most genuine people I know, and I couldn't be more thankful that you decided to sit beside me in Geography back in Year 7" she giggled and I frowned in confusion.