xvii.

His lips were soft against mine and even if the burst of giddiness and happiness exploded inside me, I couldn't bring myself to kiss back as I was still stunned.

He immediately pulled back with a stunned expression as if he was surprised to have done it himself. We stared at each other with wide eyes, still processing the situation. This seemed to be normal environment, the atmosphere changing in a second.

Just this once. It won't happen again, just this once. No one will have to find out.

I debated inside my head, knowing I would be walking-hell, running on thin ice with bowling ball as shoes if I did what I was going to risk.

"I-I shouldn't have d-done that. I'm so-" he started to stammer and pulled away from me but I made a split decision. After all, no one would know and it would just be this once. I grabbed him by his collar and pulled him to make our lips meet, everything including Mallow was blocked out and all I could focus on was his lips on mine. Thomas didn't react for a second before he kissed back.

"Just this once, Sangster" I mumbled against his lips. It was as if his body woke up when I said that since his lips kissed back.

I fought the urge to bring my hands up to his soft hair and focused on having self control. Guard up, distance. That was enough. I bit his lip softly and he pushed against me harder. His tongue entered my lips and I tilted my head to give him more space. I gasped for breathe, my heart was pounding and my subconscious was yelling at me to stop. Thankfully, Thomas was the first to pull away; I wouldn't have been able to stop anyways.

"I-I- why?" He stuttered after a few seconds of stunned silence and I licked my lips. His eyes flicked towards my lips again but he distanced himself from me this time. I looked around feeling lost, why did I kiss him?

"I d-don't know" I shook my head, he sighed and let himself fall to the floor before having his head rest in his hand. He looked at me and gave me a half-smile.

"Just this once, Katy. We couldn't let this happen, you know that right?" He said restrained and I nodded quietly. Seemed to me we were thinking the same thing.

"Just between us, nothing leaves this room" I stated, hiding the grudge in my voice. I reached out my arm and stretched my pinky towards him. He stared at my pinky and stretched his arm and pinky before locking it with mine.

"Pinky promise nothing leaves this room. It's just between us" he said, still staring at our pinky's. People would say we were over reacting but we're really not, my gran was ruthless when it came to these things. What would people say if the high class Thompsons dated an employee? It wasn't just my gran but the whole business world too; it wasn't   all glam when your gran owns one of the high end banks in Britain. I nodded and our pinky's left each other. I thought over our pinky promise and realized we never actually promised not to do it again but it's okay, we really won't do it again.

"Alright, let's not make things awkward between us okay?" I pleaded and he chuckled nodding, I visibly relaxed as he stood up and held out his hand for me to take. I pretended not to see it and stood up by my own, more physical contact and I really wouldn't be able to stop myself from kissing him. He pursed his lips and dropped his hand from my peripheral vision as I pretended to fix my shirt. Great job making it awkward, katy.

"I need a new shirt and you do too" I pouted, I shivered remembering the cold water still stuck to my skin and pulled the damp area away so he wouldn't be able to see my chest again and so I wouldn't feel cold. He waved me over wordlessly and I couldn't help but frown.

"Don't worry, I have other shirts. They might not fit you properly though but they're shirts nonetheless" he smiles at me before walking towards his bedroom.