Interview With _HakunaMatata_

This interview is with _HakunaMatata_, who's story Motel 6 has over 55 million reads! After reading a few chapters, I'm definitely impressed with the writing and can't wait to finish the story!

•••

Who is your favorite author (It can be on Wattpad or in general)?

I actually don't have one! I'm into so many different books and authors that I honestly cannot choose my favorite.

What inspired you to first start writing? Is it a big part of your life?

I can't exactly remember what inspired me to start writing because I've been writing from such a young age. I think it's just something that came really naturally to me at a young age and I've just stuck with it. And it's definitely a big part of my life, I can't imagine my life without it.

What was your reaction when you first hit over a million reads?

I was around the age of thirteen and I was so shocked! It blew my mind and continues to blow my mind how many people keep up with my books.

What can you say to frustrated writers who work hard but never get many reads?

KEEP WRITING. It took me a while to finally get "up there" as far as reads, comments, and votes, and if you are dedicated enough then it will happen to you. It might take a while, but if it's something you love and want to pursue, that shouldn't matter.

Can you connect to any of the characters in your stories?

YES. All of my main characters are basically just like me. I interpret a lot of my personality through the female leads, which makes it easy for me to write them because I can connect with them.

Where do you get inspiration for your stories?

Honestly, from random things. One day I'll have an idea and then in my head I'll work out different things that could happen in my book until it becomes a solid plot line.

How did you find about this website [Wattpad]?

Google.

What has influenced your current style of writing?

I read a lot of writing tip stuff and one of the things that I have read was to not have a ton of description, so lately I've cut back on being overly descriptive and I've added a lot more dialogue.

Lastly, do you have any advice in general for up and coming wattpad writers?

KEEP PRACTICING. And also, keep reading. Reading will definitely help improve your writing.

•••

Thank you to _HakunaMatata_ for doing the interview! Her stories are really interesting, so you should take a look!