Interview with Nikki20038

This next interview is with Nikki20038, who'd story The Bad Boy and The Tomboy has 4.5 million reads and counting. She's definitely a very talented writer!

•••

Who is your favorite author (It can be on Wattpad or in general)?

My favourite author is Rick Riordan because Percy Jackson is life to me.

What inspired you to first start writing? Is it a big part of your life?

My mom definitely inspired me to start writing. I mean she took in how much I loved reading and kept saying how big my imagination was and she told me to start writing one day kind of like JK Rowling had done at a young age and I took it to heart and started when I was ten. Writing is a huge part of my life because I constantly do it especially if I'm wiring a story, I'll look for places around me to be setting or I'll take something my friend said and be like oh my god I'm should use that aha.

What was your reaction when you first hit over 1 million reads?

My reaction was really surprised. I mean my friends were all like whoa Nicole you hit one million and I didn't even take it in, I was in shock yet I was overwhelmed because I could never think that people would read my story because let's face it I thought it was honestly shit but others beg to differ.

What can you say to frustrated writers who work hard but never get many reads?

To those writers, all you guys should do is be patient, share it with your friends and family that could read it and get it advertised for you. They could even pm me a request to read it and I will honestly try to read the story myself because I love reading others works anyway.

Can you connect to any of the characters in your stories?

I can definitely connect to my stories. Macy Anderson is practically me. I literally based her mind off of mine especially when I was younger with her personality and her tomboy attitude. How she acts in The Bad Boy and The Tomboy tried to express myself as through the story.

Where do you get inspiration for your stories?

The inspiration I get for my stories is everyday life and observing people. But mainly the inspiration is from other stories too. I saw that there are definitely a lot of stories with bad boys but they stereotypically used "nerds" or "outcasts" or "cheerleader" in cooperation with the bad boy. I found my inspiration to write something different that another set of girls can connect to.

How did you find about this website [Wattpad]?

I found out about Wattpad by a friend when I was twelve in a library connected to my summer camp. I didn't actually use it that much until spring 2014 when another one of my friends had started reading on it and I started Wattpad from there.

What has influenced your current style of writing?

What has influenced my style of writing was the work of other authors. I wanted to write something similar to the more descriptive authors who gave readers an insight to use their imaginations yet not bore a reader with some comedy that I've literally taken off multiple TV shows, re worded them and put them in my stories.

Lastly, do you have any advice in general for up and coming wattpad writers?

My advice is to write what you want to write not what others tell you. Don't write to satisfy someone else but write to satisfy yourself with what your thoughts have made into a story.

•••

Thank you so much to Nikki20038 for doing the interview! Make sure to follow her and read her story!