Interview with natashapreston

I interviewed natashapreston next, who's story The Cellar has over 10.8 million reads, as of this interview. I think that it is really different from a lot of the stories on Wattpad, which are mostly romance, and if your into reading horror-ish books, this is definitely your cup of tea. I'm one of those people who loves anything and everything related to horror, and I'm a quarter through the story. It's amazing, and I'm definitely hooked. The Cellar has actually been published, so you should check out natashapreston's profile for more information of that.

 ••••••

Who's your favorite author?

Kirsty Moseley (kirsty1000), Stephen King and Jay Crownover.

What inspired you to start writing on Wattpad?

People on Wattpad inspired me to start. I thought if they were giving it a go then so would I.

What was your reaction when you first hit one million reads?

Shocked. I think I just stared at the number for a while. It still humbles me how many people read my books.

Is there anything specific you did to get your stories to become so popular? If not, why do you think they did so well?

Before life got super busy I spent a lot of time reading other people's work and making friends. When you do that you have a group of people that promote each other. I much prefer that to spamming the clubs, it works so much better.

Is there an author that influenced your style of writing?

Not really. I tend to just write what's in my head, I don't look to anyone else.

Can you relate to any of the characters in your stories. If so, who and in what ways?

Parts of some I can. I've been a teenage girl so I know what that's like. However, I don't know what it's like to be kidnapped lol!

Before your stories became so popular, could you ever imagine yourself to be in a such a position?

Not at all. Wattpad made me realize that I love writing and the awesome feedback I've gotten from readers helped me gain the confidence I needed. Now writing is my job and I love it.

How did you find about this website?

I found Wattpad on the app store while scrolling through one day. I read on there for a couple weeks before checking out the site and setting up an account.

Lastly, do you have any advice for up and coming wattpad writers?

I would say write what YOU want and not what's 'hot'. You'll never really enjoy it if it's all about popularity. Enjoy it and have fun!

 ••••••

Thank you to natashapreston for taking part in the interview! Go check her out. 

P.S - The trailer for The Cellar is on the side.