Interview With xXMopelXx

I interviewed xXMopelXx next. She has multiple popular stories, such as Trapped With an Arrogant Bad Ass and Boundless TiesAs of this interview, Boundless Ties has over 2 million reads. I really enjoy her writing and you can honestly tell she puts a lot of effort and creativity into every chapter. So, feel free to check her out and follow her. Without further ado, here's the interview:

‌•‌•‌•‌•‌•‌•

What inspired you to write Trapped With An Arrogant Bad Ass?

A snowstorm, actually. Back when I was in high school, we had this huge snow storm and they were forced to close down for the day. Like we literally lost electricity and everything. It was super wicked. When I came home and thought about it, the idea of TWAABA started brewing. I wondered what it would be like if people were stuck inside school? With no help whatsoever. Eventually I thought of a girl and boy and how they would be ex's. And how AWKWARD it would be. That's pretty much how it began :)

What inspired you to write stories on Wattpad in general?

Well, I used to write before I joined wattpad anyway. I wasn't that good but one of my friends read my work and she pushed me to make an account on this website. I started by posting my works as an experiment and turns out people (I don't even know why) actually liked them, lol.

What was your reaction when you first hit over a million reads? How did you feel?

Unbelievable. I couldn't fathom why it happened or how. To me, specifically. Especially since my first book to hit a million was my story LWTBB (I'm totally embarrassed by it, btw) and it wasn't even well written. I had tears in my eyes. It made me realize that maybe I had some sort of potential and maybe my writing wasn't complete shit.

Is there anything specific you did to have your stories become so popular? If not, why do you think it did so well?

This is literally like the million dollar question, ahaha. Back when I joined wattpad, there was this thing called the 'Share Your Story' club. It was where ALL the newcomers went to post links to their stories and whatnot. I used to post on those threads like there was no tomorrow! I did a lot of 'read for reads' for fun and I guess that's how my story got discovered? Don't get me wrong, it took MONTHS for LWTBB to get out there. It didn't just happen overnight. And, thanks to the share your story club, that's where I met my wattpad besties Kaila @Somethingtrue, author of 'Blind To Beauty' and Carine @Cappuccinos author of 'Riley's Tale On The Opposite Gender'. Safe to say, I have no regrets ;)

Who is your favorite author and why?

Honestly, I don't just have one favorite writer's. There are SO many I can't even name them all. But I really fancy S. E. Hinton, for her story 'The Outsiders' because I can honestly say that she's the woman who got me to fall in love with literature. There was something in that story that just... moved something inside of ME? It was such an amazing book and I'd only been twelve at that time. I also really love Simone Elkeles for her perfect chemistry trilogy! Thank you, ma'am, for creating the hottest Latino boys I'll never have the pleasure of meeting in real life, haha <3 And I adore J. Lynn. She's the best! On wattpad, however, Kammi @berceuse and Noelle @hepburnettes are writing queens in my opinion!

Can you relate to any of the characters in your stories. If so, who and in what ways?

Well, I try to keep my characters as far away from me as possible BUT I do relate a bit to Candice Preston from my story Back To December, and Jodanna Baker from Living With The Bad Boy

Before your stories became so popular, could you ever imagine yourself to be in a such a position?

hahahaha, no. I thought if I was lucky I'd reach 10,000 reads by their completion. I feel super lucky and, dare I say, blessed to have found this website! But I don't really consider my works all that popular. There are far better stories than mine on wattpad!

How did you find about this website [Wattpad]?

I was having a sleepover with my best friends where two of them introduced me to it! It was honestly like magic to me. My first thought was 'Fuck, yeah, free books!' ;)

Lastly, do you have any advice for up and coming wattpad writers?

Don't give up and don't get discouraged. Your writing WILL improve as you continue to read on and practice. And do NOT write for the reads. That'll bring you nothing. I know it's hard to get your story out there, but remember, wattpad isn't about getting popular. It's a place where amateur writers can get together and do something they love: Write.

Other than that, makes friends and enjoy wattpad for what it is :) It's a great place for tons of opportunities! x

‌•‌•‌•‌•‌•‌•

Thank you to xXMopelXx for participating in this interview. Go check her out.