Interview with AlwaysSmile808

This interview is with AlwaysSmile808, who wrote the story One Summer & a Bucket List. It has 1 million reads and counting! She's an incredibly talented writer and I urge you to check out her work.

•••

Who is your favorite author (It can be on Wattpad or in general)?
My favorite actual author is John Green. He is an amazing author and an amazing human being in general. My favorite Wattpad author would be Monica4242. She has inspired me so much and I love all of her stories. She is a fabulous writer that makes you want to always keep reading more.

What inspired you to first start writing? Is it a big part of your life?
I always had these ideas in my head and one day I decided that I wanted to release them. I never thought I would write and post my stories on here, but I did and I regret nothing. Writing is my stress reliever. It's a place for all my thoughts and ideas to come alive and that is what I love about it.

What was your reaction when you first hit over reads?
Oh, I cried. Tears of joy obviously. I was just so overwhelmed and amazed that 1 million people had clicked on my story and took the time to read it. I am still in shock amazed to this day. So, thank you to everyone who has took the time to read my story. It means so much.

What can you say to frustrated writers who work hard but never get many reads?
Don't sweat it. If you love writing, then write and don't worry about the reads. There are a ton of stories of wattpad. You just have to get yours out there, but most importantly have fun. That's what matters the most as cliche as it sounds. Haha

Can you connect to any of the characters in your stories?
Yes, in some ways. Each of my characters and I share a personality trait. I use bits and pieces of my life to influence my characters in some way.

Where do you get inspiration for your stories?
My inspiration comes from a lot of things. Things that vary anywhere from music to my everyday life.

How did you find about this website [Wattpad]?
Years ago(I'm talking like six years ago. I would have been around the age of twelve.)I had just got my first iPod touch and I was on the App Store and stumbled across wattpad. I downloaded it and fell in love. You could say it was love at first read. Haha

What has influenced your current style of writing?
Again, life. I have tried changing my writing style up slightly over time, but nothing too dramatic.

Lastly, do you have any advice in general for up and coming wattpad writers?
If you don't enjoy what you're writing, then you shouldn't be writing it. Also, your fans and supporters are way more important than a few haters. Don't give up on what you love just because one person doesn't like your story.

•••

Thank you to AlwaysSmile808 for doing the interview!