Interview with 12NiNi12

This next interview is with 12NiNi12, whos story The Elemental Wolf has over 33k reads as of this interview. She's a very talented writer and I definitely recommend her work

•••

Who is your favorite author (It can be on Wattpad or in general)?

My favourite author is Lindsey Kelk since I love her I Heart Series. But my favourite author on Wattpad is Jessgirl93.

What inspired you to first start writing? Is it a big part of your life?

Ever since I was a kid, I had always wanted to write my own book or even become a editor. I have always loved reading books and that inspired me even more. However, I knew that my parents wouldn't really be happy with me wanting to have a job like that because they have always pushed me into the Science field. I want to make my parents proud of my writing skills and that's why I want to wait until my book, The Elemental Wolf reaches a high number of reads.

What was your reaction when you first hit over 30k reads?

I was shocked but really happy at the same time because I honestly didn't expect that many people to read it.

What can you say to frustrated writers who work hard but never get many reads?

Keep writing  and don't give up. I was frustrated when my book only had 10 reads and I saw new books reaching 1k in the same matter of days. Just keep going and don't let it stop you from doing what you love best.

Can you connect to any of the characters in your stories?

I connect with Astra the most because she's mostly like me. She gets nervous standing in front of a large crowd and she doesn't have a lot of friends, but she has some close friends. Those are some things that relate to me too. However, characters like Ruby and Cameron are inspired by my two friends. Most of the things that happen with them in the book, has actually happened in real life.

Where do you get inspiration for your stories?

I write what I enjoy reading. My inspiration comes from real life experiences, but mainly my friends. They are a huge help in inspiring me what to write next. My new book, Always and Forever is based on my two friends. I made a book about them because that's how much that inspire me.

How did you find about this website [Wattpad]?

I was reading Megan Meade's guide to the McGower boys and I wanted to read more books like that. I then came upon My Life with the Walter boys by Ali Novak which happened to be on Wattpad.

What has influenced your current style of writing?

I'm not really sure. I just write the way I speak and just tweak it a little to fit a character.

Lastly, do you have any advice in general for up and coming wattpad writers?

Don't give up when you first write a book because of the number of reads. Keep writing more

•••

Thank you to Anika for doing the interview!