10 : Parents' Secrets

Hyorin's POV

So, now I am in my parent's room. They're looking at me with serious face. I was listening to them. I am now processing each of the word that had been spoke by them.

"Hyorin-ah, please don't hate Eunmi. I just want to tell you this now because I was enjoying the moment when you are happy with Eunmi," appa said.

I was really confused. What does he mean by that?

"Appa, what are you talking about?" I asked curiously.

"Hyorin, listen. Actually, Eunmi is not your real sister. She's adopted," appa said towards me with a worry look.

I was still processing what he said.

Oh! So, they're telling me that Eunmi is adop--

Wait! What? Eunmi is adopted?

I opened my eyes widely.

"Appa, why are you talking about this nonsense topic?" I asked furiously.

Both of my parents stayed quiet.

"Eomma, tell me that this is not true. That this is just a joke. Eomma, appa!" I begged them.

Soon, I can feel my tears running down my cheeks. I looked down and started to cry heavily.

Why is this happening? So, all this time I was having happy moments with Eunmi. That is not even my real sister. Someone that had been adopted.

"Why did you tell me about this now? You know right, tomorrow is her birthday. You should have told me about this earlier or after her birthday!" I said still crying heavily.

"Mianhe Hyorin-ah. We just don't want to ruin your happy moments with her," eomma said embracing me.

I cry on her shoulder didn't care how terrible my look was right now. After some minutes, I broke the embrace then wipe my tears.

"Did she know about this?" I asked.

"No," they answered.

"Eomma, appa, who is her real parents then? Why don't you just give her back to them? Let her be happy. Spending time with her real family. Not with us!" I said.

"Their parents are dead. Because they got into an accident. Her father is my brother," appa said.

I was shocked. Eunmi is adopted because their parents are dead.

"Hyorin-ah, we felt guilty for not telling you about this earlier. I still remember when you play alone by yourself and that time, your uncle got into an accident and dead," eomma said.

"That time, you really want someone to play with you everyday," appa continued.

"So, after your uncle's accident, we decide to adopt his daughter. We thought that you will be happy. We thought that you can take good care of her. And yes, we are right," eomma said shedding tears.

So, I really need to keep this from her. I don't want her to be sad for all the time knowing that her parents are dead.

"Eomma, appa, don't worry. I will keep this from Eunmi. I won't ever hate her. Because she is like my real sister. Don't worry," I said giving them a weak smile.

I went out of their room and go to Eunmi's bedroom. I opened the door and saw that she's sleeping. I came to her and stroke her hair.

"Eunmi-ah, eventhough you're not my real sister, I will still be always by your side. Eunmi, saranghae," I said while watching her sleeping. I shed a tear then look away.

I went out from her room and go back to my room.

Eunmi's POV

I wake up from my worst dream ever. I dreamt that Hyorin eonnie, appa and eomma left me alone.

They kicked me from their family and hate me wholeheartedly. I was crying nonstop. They told me that I am adopted. That I am nit their real daughter.

Arghhh!!! Worst dream. I hope that's not true. I went to my mom because I need to be comfort.

"Eomma~"

"Hmmm? Eunmi? Waeyo?"

"Eomma, I have a worst dream,"

"What was it all about?"

I came up to my mom and hug her.

"Eomma, I dreamt that you told me that I am adopted. You kicked me from the family. You hate me wholeheartedly. You even treat me like I am your maid,"

My mom stayed silent. She didn't say a thing.

"Eomma, that's not true right?"

"N--ne. Tha-that's not true. We will never hate you and treat you like that,"

"Jinjja? Eomma, why don't you just say that I am not adopted? It can quickly make me feel at east,"

"Eunmi--- I-I mean, You.. you are not a..dop..ted,"

"Eomma, gwaenchana? You react like you've just seen a ghost,"

"Ani. Gwaenchanayo. Don't worry,"

"Arasso. Eomma, I am leaving,"

Its weird. Why was eomma acting all weird?

I went to eonnie's bedroom but realized she was nowhere to be found. Where is she? I felt really bored now.

"Lunch is ready! Palli get downstair now!" Appa shouted.

"Arasso!" I shouted back.

I went downstair and saw my parents.

"Mmmm... smell delicious," I said.

I look at my mom and dad and saw that they were smiling. I smiled back and realized, Hyorin eonnie wasn't here.

"Where's Hyorin eonnie?" I asked.

"Oh! She said that she needs to meet with someone," appa told me.

"Someone? Who is that someone?" I asked curiously.

"I think its Ex--"

"EXO?!" I was shocked.

"Ah.. ne. Exo," appa said.

"Jinjja?"

"Aishh... palli eat now. The food will get cold," eomma spoke.

Sehun's POV

So, tomorrow will be Eunmi's birthday. I don't know what should I gave her.

Maybe I should give her a bracelet.

All of the Exo members, Yoora and Hyorin are all in the Exo dorm. We are planning on how to celebrate her birthday tomorrow.

Tomorrow was weekend and we still have off days.

"So, what's the plan?" Suho asked.

"I still don't have idea. But what I am so sure is that, she didn't remember that tomorrow is her birthday!" Hyorin exclaimed.

"That's great!" Chanyeol said.

"Maybe we should go and bought her presents first," Xiumin suggested.

"I also think the same thing," Yoora said.

"Then, kaja!" Hyorin shouted.

"Where are we going?" Lay asked.

"Buying presents for Eunmi," Hyorin told him.

After some minutes, we arrived at a mall. We went to wherever we want and buy Eunmi's presents.

After all of us had finish buying her presents, we gathered together at a certain place. I saw everyone was holding something on their hand. Something that was already being wrapped.

But, Baekhyun doesn't bring anything. What is his present for Eunmi?

******************************************