#29 - he looks after your kid (s) - Austin

Austin's POV:
"Hey Dad, where's Mum?" My teenage son Lucas asked as he entered the kitchen.
"She's just gone out for a bit, she'll be back in about an hour though. Everything okay?"
"Mm, I guess," I peered over at my son to see him staring at his phone, nervously biting his nails.
"Lucas." I made my way over to him and waited for an answer. He looked at me and sighed, then placed his phone down onto the kitchen counted.
"Okay, fine. There's this girl at school, and she's lovely. She's so beautiful. All my mates are saying I should ask her out, but I don't know. I doubt she'll even answer."
"If she didn't answer you then she wouldn't be worth it anyway. But I bet she will say yes. You never know if you never try."
"Yeah, but -"
"Lucas, I wad the same at your age. I was still the same when I asked your Mum out, and look at us now. We're still together after all this time. I was so scared but I asked her out, and I'm so glad I did. Because if I didn't, I wouldn't have this lovely family." Lucas stood silently for a minute, then nodded.
"Okay. What do I say?"
"Ring her and speak for a bit, then just tell her." My son smiled up at me, thanked me, and then went upstairs.
I went and sat down in the living room, remembering when I asked Y/N to be my girlfriend. I smiled at the memory and thought about how lucky I was to have such a beautiful family.

Sorry this one's kinda short, I literally couldn't think of a completely different storyline so this is the best I had!