Nate imagine for Demi

I smiled at my phone. My best friend was 'in love', and her reactions were great.
"Demi? Who's texting you?" My older brother Nate asked suspiciously.
"...My friend?"
"No boys?"
"Nope." I went back to texting. Nate is really overprotective with me. He says he knows how boys are, and he doesn't want me getting with one that will hurt me. It's nice that he cares, but, at the same time, sometimes it's a little too much.
"The boys are coming over today, Demi. Can you stay in your room?" I felt my anger building up slowly.
"What the hell, Nate? I live here too. You can't just confine me to my room!" I argued loudly.
"I know, I know, it's just that -" The doorbell went. Me and Nate both turned to one another, got up, and ran to open it. I had always been much faster than Nate, so I knew it wouldn't be difficult.
"Hey!" I smiled as I pulled open our front door. Nate pushed me out of the way, then copied my actions.
"Hey," Levi, Austin and Drew smiled at us.
"Demi, if you can go to your room please..." Nate muttered. I sighed heavily and obeyed him; he is my big brother, after all.

An hour passed and I was bored. I decided to go get a snack from downstairs, so I started to creep down the stairs. I could hear Nate's band mate, Levi, talking.
"I really like her, Nate. I won't hurt her." I gasped. Levi Jones had a crush?
"I don't know, Levi. She's my little sister, and I don't want her hurt." I heard a sigh.
"That's understandable. Let's get back to practise, guys." I heard guitar riffs and drums - then silence.
"Demi?" Nate called out. How did he know I was here?
"Y-yeah?"
"Here." I entered slowly, the boys staring at me; Levi was blushing slightly. "What's are you doing?"
"I wanted a snack. Then I heard your conversation. And then... I'm sorry, Nate." My brother sighed, then stood up and gave me a hug.
"It's okay."
"Why can't I be with anyone?"
"I don't want you hurt, Demi. I couldn't bare to see your heart break; hate, break ups, distance, it'd all be too much." I peered down.
"I understand."
Nate sighed again. "I don't know. I'll talk about it properly with Levi, okay? Then we'll see." I smiled up at my older brother, wrapping my arms around him.
"Thankyou, Nate."

Maybe having a protective older brother isn't so bad after all.