crush

"Are you okay?" Kimmy asked. I sighed. "I'm not even sure." I shrugged. "Talk to me." She said. The other girls were in the bathroom. "Michael, um, before I left he told me that I look good in this skirt" I said. "You look hella good in that skirt " she said. I blushed a little. "But, h- he said that I look s- sexy" I stuttered a little. She smiled. "That's good! He's your crush!" She exclaimed. I shrugged. "But like, I know he's just saying that." I added. "Why would he?" She questioned. I sighed.

"To fuck with me. Just to be mean. He'd do that. He's a dick." I told her. She sighed. "I think he actually likes you." She said. I shrugged. "I don't. I think he just wants to fuck with my emotions." I replied. "Nah. I've seen the way he checks you out." She smiled as I blushed.

"He doesn't check me out" I mumbled. She raised her eyebrow. "Yes he does. All the time. When you turn around, when you're not looking, when you're simply not paying attention" she listed, adding on to the blush on my cheeks. She smiled at me. "Pay more attention. He's totally into you." She told me. I shrugged but smiled.

I didn't think there was any way he had a crush on me. Me, of all people. He was basically a kind of bad boy. He smoked weed, though he hadn't since I moved in. He drank a lot, went to parties, never did homework. Typical bad boy. I was a goody goody that wore things like skirts and flower crowns.

We were opposites. There was no way. Then I remembered that I had a really huge crush on Michael. But still, there was no way he liked me back.

He was in love with Calum. And Calum was just like Michael, just a bit less popular. Well, not now since people were teasing Michael for his gayness.

"Call him." She told me. I choked. "What!?" I gasped. "Call and tell him how you feel." She explained. "Not happening." I answered. "Whyyy" she pouted. I sighed. "Because hes Michael fucking Clifford " I said. "And?" She asked. I sighed, closing my eyes for a minute before looking at her again. "Its just not happening. Look at him, then look at me." I said. She thought for a second. "You guys would be a perfect couple." She smiled. I groaned.

"That wasn't my point. My point was he's gorgeous. He's flawless. He's popular, or was. But hell get it back. People like him. He isn't a freak." I sighed. "Luke, lots of people like you. And you're perfect. You aren't a freak." She said. I rolled my eyes.

Then she pulled out her phone. She looked through her contacts and hitting one. She put them on speaker phone since we were pretty much alone. "Hello?" A voice asked. Michael.

"Hey, Michael!" Kimmy exclaimed. "What?" He asked. "I'm sitting here with Luke." She said. "Why?" He asked. "Were talking." She answered. "If you're gonna fucking yell at me again I'm not listening." He said. "No, I'm not. Anyway, how do you feel about him?" She asked. "He's okay" he said.

"Do you like him as a crush because I've seen the way you check him out." She asked. It was quiet for a second. "Of course not. Eew. What the fuck!? I've never found him even the least bit attractive." He told her. I felt tears form in my eyes. Of course I knew that, but it hurt to hear from him. "Then why do you check him out?" Kimmy asked. "I- I don't." He said.

"You have a crush on Luke." She said. Silence for a minute. "I gotta go. I don't have a crush on your little fag friend but okay. Bye." He said before the lime went dead. She looked at me. "You okay?" She asked. I shook my head and felt a tear trail down my cheek. "Hey, Luke, don't cry over him. He isn't worth it. He's just a douche bag and I know he has a crush on you he just won't admit it." She said. I shook my head. "He doesn't. Of course he doesn't. Fucking stop." I almost squeaked, more tears going down my face.

"He does. He just wont admit it." She said. I stood up. "I cant fucking believe you right now Kimmy. I fucking said I didn't wanna call him. I told you that I didn't wanna tell him. And I already knew he didn't like me back but because of you I had to hear him say it." I cried, turning around and walking away. She called after me but I ignored her.

I walked outside and picked up my phone. Who the fuck was I gonna call? Michael? Nope. Not likely. I sighed and looked through my contacts, finding his name. What choice did I have? Zayn but I didn't really know him.

It surprised me when Michael answered on the third ring. "Hello?" He asked. "Michael" I said, trying not to sound like I was crying.

"What Luke?" He asked. "I- I got sick and they refuse to take me home because they wanna stay and shop." I lied totally. "Are- are you crying?" He asked. Fuck. "Um, yeah. I just like got really sick in the bathroom I feel awful." I lied again. "Okay, so do you want me to come pick you up?" He offered. "That'd be nice" I sighed. "Okay. I'll be there soon." He said. "Thanks." I breathed.

"Mhm" he mumbled before quickly saying bye and hanging up. He was gonna hate me even more than he already did after today. I decided I wasn't gonna bring anything up. If he did, wed talk about it but I wasn't gonna make it more awkward than it already was going to be.