9. First phone call..!!

Shadi... Shadi ke bath??.. (After marriage??).... Washing clothes.... I couldn't link his words. How was I going to wash his clothes after his marriage.

I was in a weird world, where my brain was not capable of deciphering meaning to statements... It was words for me... Words that I couldn't link.

I thought hard... Wash clothes.. After marriage... His marriage... I lifted my head at him, still confused.

He was staring straight at me, trying to read my expression.. I opened my mouth to ask him what he meant... But couldn't find the words.

I looked down and wracked my brain again, I could be washing his clothes after his marriage only if... Only if... If I married him.

I shot my head up, my mouth opened in shock. But then he drove off and from the side mirror, I could see that he was still staring at my reflection, with a smirk evident on his clean shaven face.

Was he talking about our marriage? I was still dumb. Suddenly Rithu came from somewhere, hugging me.

"Deeee...." She screamed in my ears. "You are getting married... You are getting married.." She sang and danced around me.

I looked at mom whose eyes were wet and at dad who was side hugging mom. "Papa I ..." I struggled for words. "I thought he didn't want to marry me." I said accusing him.

"Hhihi but I think "Jeeju" just said that he wants to marry you." She said still dancing around me. (Jeeju means brother in law in Hindi.)

"But Rithu, even you saw how he was trying to ignore me in the garden." I said angrily at her

"Ignore? What happened in the garden?" Amma asked.

"Wo Maa, when I was there he wasnt talking to didi at all, he was all talking to me. And dee was getting super jealous, you should have seen her face." She said poking my cheeks, much to my anger.

"I wasn't jealous. Who told you that, papa dekho yeh kya kar rahe  ho..(papa look what she is doing(." I said in mock tears. "And also why didn't he speak till now?"

"Oh my God, deedi is angry at jeeju because he didn't tell her that he loved her before." She said, her hand closing her opened mouth, just like a drama queen.

"Rithika.... " I was seriously mad and made a run for her. As we were chasing around, papas phone rang. On seeing the caller ID, he went inside with mom.

We stopped our chasing and watched them go inside and I took this as a chance to attack Ruvi and twisted her ears playfully, though letting her know the pain. "Ow.. Dee... It hurts.. Stop karo.." She screamed.

I slowly released her ears and rubbed it , "That was meant to hurt." Saying this, I folded my hands and faced opposite to where she was standing.

"Haa come on drama Queen, you know I was kidding about what I told papa. Don't get angry pleaase." She said and stood in front of me.

I again turned my head swiftly away from her  "Pretty please.." She tried again, this time holding my chin to turn my head and gave her prettiest smile.

Though softened by her playfulness, I still went with the act. I again turned my head away from hers.

This time she knew better and tickled my waist. This made me laugh and lose my anger.. "Rithu... Please stop.." But she wouldn't budge. She tickled me even more and by this time I was laughing like hell.

"Haha.. Rithu.. Haaha.. Stop it.. Haha pleaaaseee..." I begged and she stopped. As soon as she took her hands back, I clutched my waist, panting hard.