60. A mistake, always a mistake!

The next day Dhruvika woke up early to the sight of the Sophie removing Ram's bandage. Déjà vu hit her like a stone as it reminded her of the time he was at the hospital, when she had literally killed them with her eyes.

It was that very same day her parents took her away from him. The day she lost him.

The day was still fresh in her mind!

"Arrey Jaan, I was just trying to irritate you... That girl.. She is nothing.. No one..."

That was the first time he had called her 'Jaan'. And she loved it.

... I'm all yours remember..

She shook his words off her mind and tried to stay cool. Beside them, Naveen was watching her closely, and she smiled at him, mumbling a small 'Good morning'.

When she look backed at Ram, she noticed that his face looked, uhm.. she wasn't sure, embarrassed? Scared? She couldn't point it, but she knew he was worried about what she saw.

Good, she thought with a satisfied smile.

Beside Ram, Sophie smirked and looked at Naveen, who winked at her, smirking.

As soon as she left the room, Ram got control and said, "It's Okay, Sophie, I'll do it..".

Sophie laughed and moved away, while Naveen took the spot. Ram passed him a grateful smile which he chose to ignore.

Inside the kitchen, she saw the maid Bhanu cooking something.

"Bhanu aunty.. when did you reach? Are you staying here at night." She asked, as she leaned onto the kitchen top to see what she was cooking, and found Upma being cooked in the stove. She tied the dupatta of her salwar in a knot behind her and took the spoon, proceeding to stir it.

"Badi beti.. Aap aa gaye.. There is your black tea in the cup as you like it aur wo chodiyen.. main samhaloongi.." Bhanu said. She had served their Grandparent's house for many years now, and had been seeing Dhruvika since she was a child. She was Badi beti for Bhanu and Rithika was the Choti beti, that is how she liked calling them.

Dhruvika slowly went forward checking each dishes and found that lunch was already done. She felt bad for waking up late. She felt like she should have been here earlier to help Bhanu in the kitchen. She took the black tea that Bhanu had made for her, and after heating it, began taking small sips while helping her in the kitchen despite Bhanu's protests.

Soon breakfast was ready, and they set the table. Dadaji was still at his home looking after things, so the men was asked to have their breakfast. Dhruvika refused to eat with them, with excuses of giving company to Bhanu, which was a false excuses as Bhanu had already had her breakfast before coming.

Sophie also decided to join Dhruvika, and the men sat alone with awkwardness between them. Soon after breakfast, Naveen went off with his car to his hospital while Ram started working on Dadaji's old scooter.

It was an old vespa that he had used for many years and was now uselessly placed in the garage. Ram, who had a craze for automobiles, and being a small mechanic had decided to give it life and make use of it.

Sophie, who was now getting bored, was with Dhruvika in the kitchen, washing plates.

"Sophie.. do you have a phone with you?" Dhruvika asked, breaking the silence.

"Umm yes I have, but I'm restricted to use it, why?" She asked, looking behind her shoulders.

"I had to call my parents.. I want to make sure they are okay." Dhruvika answered as she slowly turned back, facing Sophie. From the outside, she could hear the booming of the old vespa trying to get its life kick-started.